Delaware

Does this sound like too much for flowers?

I just got a quote for $1300 for flowers...WAY over my budget of $500-$700. It included my bouquet, 6 bridesmaid bouquets, a jr bridesmaid bouquet, 9 boutannires, and 3 corsages. Is this a fair price? Is my budget too unreasonable? HELP!

Re: Does this sound like too much for flowers?

• I paid $363 for my bouquet, MOH bouquet, Jr. B.M. bouquet, 5 boutonnieres, and 2 corsages. It depends on the flowers and details you want included in your arrangements. 
  • Alot depends on the flowers you choose.  I used Eastburn flowers and would rec. them  The flowers lasted forever and the price was fair.  Yuki's was the most expensive I checked. Belaks was ok.
  • Are the bouquets huge? I paid $2,000 for 
    my bouquet (lilies which are kind of pricey)
    7 B.M bouquets
    2 Jr B.M. bouquets 
    10 boutonnieres
    2 mothers wristlets 
    25 centerpiece flower arrangements for centerpieces 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I suggest Belak. They're great, barb has tons of ideas if you're not sure what you want and what to keep costs down. I got a similar package to what you need for $800 including delivery.
    127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Colleen, my budget was $1000... and I got my bouquet, 5 BM bouquets, flower girl ball, 10 bouts, 3 wrist corsages, and 2 bouquets for the church.

Like other posters have said, it depends on what flowers you chose.  It also depends on who you got your flowers from, but I know that for my flower arrangements for the church my florist suggested that I let them pick the flowers to cut down on costs. 

Did you tell your florist what your budget was up front?  See if they can work with you. Otherwise... make some calls.  I went with Celebrations Design Group, and they were great.  Because they aren't a FLORIST... and rather a group that specializes in flowers for events, they don't have a large overhead... so they don't have a big upcharge for flowers.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Thanks for all the perspectives! I found someone who can do it with my budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards