Missouri-St Louis

Loop area venues?

My fiance and I are planning an October 2011 wedding with ~75 guests. Probably 50 of those will be from out of town, so we are really trying to keep everything in the same area. We have spent a lot of time down on the Loop and really love it, I was thinking about getting a block of rooms at the Moonrise and looking for a venue in that area? We are thinking Blueberry Hill for the rehearsal dinner...I know you can rent the rooftop bar at the Moonrise but only until 7 so that doesnt seem like the ideal site for the reception. We are looking to keep things pretty casual. I would love a place where we could have both the ceremony and reception but that isn't a must. My fiance really likes the idea of having the ceremony at the grand basin in Forest Park too, so we would also consider places in that area or in the CWE. Thanks ladies!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Loop area venues?

• edited December 2011
    You should look into the 3rd Degree Glass Factory...very different, seems like a good size for what you want...and right on Delmar!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a reception at Wildflower (in the upstairs event space), and it was nice.  It's in the CWE.  I've also heard good things about Scape, also in the CWE.  I don't know of any reception venues in the Loop, but that is one of my favorite areas.
  • edited December 2011
    The Pageant?  The Moonrise Hotel--you could have an amazing cocktail hour under their giant "fake" moon, and then have the reception in the restaurant.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Banks, Almost Famous
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in the Loop, and my FI and I rented out U. City City Hall.  It is totally beautiful, art deco and vintage.  Totally reasonable in the price too!! It's worth taking a look at!
  • lynnjen18lynnjen18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who did you contact at city hall for info?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards