Indiana
Options

Suit or tux?

My wedding is very small and intimate. My colors are pink and gray. I am thinking of my groom in a gray suit with pink tie? Is this to Don Johnson or 1980 prom like? I just need some honest answers..LOL I'm slowly losing it!

Re: Suit or tux?

• Options
    x.Brittany.xx.Brittany.x member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that would look great!
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go with when your FI tries on suits so that you can know for certain how he'll look. I'd go early too just in case you end up not liking that color tie on him. You wouldn't want your colors to me pink and gray and then have him in a blue tie b/c pink didn't look right on him and everything was already picked out.

He could always wear a gray tie and a pink pocket square if the tie doesn't look right if you want to keep your colors. Also the boutonniere can have some pink flowers in it.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pink and gray are very classic colors!  Beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It would definitely look nice.
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think, depending on the cut of the suit, this would look fine. Just be sure it isn't something with shoulder pads or really square looking in the shoulders, because that would be Don Johnson-ish.
  • Options
    cjspencer35cjspencer35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that will be swell! :)

We were thinking the same thing, but khaki colored suits.  Most midwest weddings I've been too, to me anyway, a full-on tux is really just way too formal anyway.  I'm sure the guys will be more comfortable in a suit too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards