Hawaii
Options

Shoeless for wedding- help!!

We're getting married Feb 8th and silly I haven't bought my wedding shoes yet! I am looking for suggestions on where I can find dressy flat sandals with some sort of bling or flower, but not flip flops. Silly me should have looked this summer or fall but totally didn't even think about it until now! I live in Vancouver and scoured the stores this weekend but everyone has their winter shoes out, anyone have suggestions for me? Any etsy sellers or websites you would recommend? Thanks so much!
LeesSmile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shoeless for wedding- help!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Lees!  We've missed you.  I would check some of the more "warehouse" type places -- DSW, Ross, Famous Footwear, etc.  They tend to have things that cross seasons.  I would also check any swimwear stores around you -- in our region it's popular to have an entire store that only sells resort wear (for people who go on vacation in winter, etc).  You could always just get plain flat sandals and then buy a flower or sparkly clip from etsy to embellish.
  • Options
    angelia12angelia12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nordstrom usually has a great selection online, you may want to try them. Or Nordstrom Rack would likely have some white sandals too. Or you can google "white wedding flat sandals" on google images and find tons that way. Here's a website with some cute ones too: http://www.paradoxlondonus.com/Pink/shoes_pages/Wedding_Shoes.html
    Check out the "Tropical" flats about halfway down the page.
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget that Aldo and Le Chateau will be coming out with all of their Christmas party sandles pretty quick.  Don't know how many flat you'll find though.  Would an Also clearance store still ahve summer stuff??  Not sure

• Options
    edited December 2011
    SunshinyLees, I'm totally in the same boat as you. I spent half of Saturday scouring the city for dressy flats or sandals, coming to the conclusion I may just be barefoot. We have way too many similarities and our weddings are only 3 days apart. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, as well. Keep me updated and throw any leads my way!

Twie
  • Options
    lorena224lorena224 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Try endless.com. They are associated with Amazon.com and include free 2 day shipping.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi SunshinyLees,

It must be something in the weather that is making us February brides, all of a sudden decide we better find shoes.  I am in the same boat.  I live in Northern BC.  I looked in Vancouver a bit when I was there a few weeks ago but really only had time to get a dress.  I can't wear flip-flop and am thinking I will probably have to go barefoot.  My FI thinks this is the best idea - probably because it is the cheapest!

Other brides who have gotten married at Secret Cove - Is this a possibility or would it be too uncomfortable?

Good luck to everyone in their hunts!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    lwilson712lwilson712 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies! Just wanted to add that you can also find some cute crafty wedding sandals on etsy.com. Just search "wedding sandals". HTH! Good luck!!
  • Options
    madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    J. Crew might have something?
  • Options
    SunshinyLeesSunshinyLees member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I really appreciate it!! I've started the online search officially tonite...fingers crossed!!
    Twie- Hilarious, we  might as well have our weddings together, we're pretty much planning the same wedding lol;) Would be double the party and think of the $$ we would save lol! Too funny how similar our planning and weddings are! I will definitely keep you posted on the shoes I end up finding;) How's everything going? Did you end up finding someone for hair/makeup?
    Rmontpas- Yay another Canadian! Where are you from in Northern BC? I worked at Powder King mountain when I lived in PG for a year;)
    Lees xx
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Sunshiny,

I'm on the online hunt for shoes now, also. I just hate that I can't try them on. 
    I ended up booking Jessica and Dan. Just too many good reviews, and I'm a all thumbs when it comes to doing my own hair/make-up. I usually think I've done a great job and then by them time I get out of the taxi my hair if straight/flat and my eyeliner has migrated to my cheek bones. I wish I was kidding.
    Things are really coming together now. Got the musician, DJ, and celebrant booked, picked the mains, and have sent out all the invites. How's it all going for you?

I figure if I just push my back a day or so and you move yours up a day or so, we can have the biggest wedding bash of all. We can spend our savings on countless spa treatments and post-wedding cocktails. Sounds perfect!

x -Tan
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sunshiny,

I live in Smithers.  Did you ever ski here?

Did you find anything last night during your online search?  I didn't but I will keep trying and maybe not be so picky but I just have this picture in my head of the perfect shoe and I can't get rid of it!

Good luck in your search.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards