Florida-Central Florida
Options

Orlando Photog: Randy Chapman?

Hi ladies! I'm a South Florida bride who may be moving the wedding to Orlando (Disney bride, possibly).

Can anyone tell me about Randy Chapman? I'm active on another wedding board for Disney brides and everyone raves about him. I'm hoping to get a few more opinions!

Thanks!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Orlando Photog: Randy Chapman?

• Options
    atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any experience with him, but I did take a look at his website and can say I am not even slightly impressed with his work. His images are badly exposed and over "photoshopped". I am surprised to see that he has been in business over 25 years, as his work looks very amateur. 
    I am not sure what his rates are (or what your budget is for that matter), but I personally would not consider hiring him. If I were you, I would keep looking. 
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! 

Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live local and never heard of him. I checked out his site and it seems he just does a lot of Disney and no other Orlando? Does he work for Disney? His style isn't my style at all personally (I think black and white with one part still colored is old fashioned for example), but are you on a tight budget?
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_orlando-photog-randy-chapman?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:cf1a8d2c-f4ca-4eda-b4b0-883e61a74958Post:4bd1b309-2464-44af-ba94-bcaffe26d9e9">Re: Orlando Photog: Randy Chapman?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live local and never heard of him. I checked out his site and it seems he just does a lot of Disney and no other Orlando? Does he work for Disney? His style isn't my style at all personally (I think black and white with one part still colored is old fashioned for example), but are you on a tight budget?
    Posted by jackandjill2011[/QUOTE]
    We aren't on a super tight budget, but we are trying to keep our photog cost around $2,500. :)<div>
    </div><div>We are currently looking at a few other photogs. Any recs?</div>

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Some of these are above your budget but I like Kristen Weaver Photography, studio 222, and the Roots. What is your style?

• Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen Roots work and love it!! I also am considering Kirsten Weaver and Kim Chau. Any reviews on them?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristen Weaver is so so good but def more than 2500. Roots have to travel so theyd be more than 2500. I never saw Kim Chau before-it seems like she doesnt do many weddings and there is no blog? What about jason angelini? Most ppl seem to be 3500 or more that I really really liked but there are ppl less than 2500 like jason if budget is important.
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I'll look into Jason!

• Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sam Dickinson, SMD Wedding Photography.. definitely within your budget!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'd use claire pacelli. she's my photographer & amazing! extremely affordable as well!

www.clairepacelliphoto.com

321-277-5514
  • Options

We used Melissa T Photography and was is very happy.

• Options
    I have actually met Randy Chapman, and he is great! My FI and I are planning to use him as our photographer...he's in the preferred listing of the place we want to get married at, and has a good deal with it :) I'd email him and ask for pricing information!
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards