Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

inexpensive band or dj

Hi. Looking for a great band or dj recommendation that is not too expensive, keeps the party dancing and is not overly cheesy. Thanks!

Re: inexpensive band or dj

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Bill Bowen out of maryland. I know he comes up if you google his name.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Bands are expensive. But if you find yourself wanting to splurge I will recommend my band, Slippery.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • jcathermanjcatherman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try craigslist. That's where I found mine, and I'm so happy with him!
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have two rec's which I will PM you
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want a band it's not going to be cheap. I would recommend looking at bands that play in the nightclubs. They probably don't make a ton of money in the clubs, so a wedding would be a big pay increase for them. The downside is that they probably won't be too good doing the MC duties and will need some planning help from the hall manager.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP.  Bands are not cheap by any means.  Your best bet is a DJ.

What is your budget?  "Not too expensive" is kind of different for everyone.  It also depends on what you want, too.  If you want lighting and all that as well, it's going to be more.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I went with Michael Kane from Silver Sound. I think it was something like $695 for  5 hours.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i had a phenomonal Dj- very experienced, super nice guy who owns it. It was cheap- only $750 for like 8 hours. He offered to play for the ceremony too, but we had a string trio. He did however have speakers set up for the outdoor cocktail hour, then had everything ready to go for the reception. The company is Circle of Sound- the owner is Craig. Let me know if you want anymore info/.
    Braxton & Lizzie 10.9.10 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards