Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Bridesmaid Robe Alternatives?

Hey guys,

I like the idea of having my bridesmaids look uniform while getting ready. I like the robe idea, but I'm  having a hard time finding ones I like that aren't too expensive. I was thinking about maybe getting a monogrammed pullover sweater that has the half zipper down the front. Is that enough of an opening to take off without messing up hair and make-up?

What other robe alternatives are there for getting ready?

Re: Bridesmaid Robe Alternatives?

• Options
    I've also seen monogrammed button down shirts....

Side note: Personally, I feel that money could be better spent on other things for the wedding. Realistically they will only be wearing them for an hour or so and probably not ever worn again. Your photos will still be cute no matter what the girls are wearing. 
  • Options
    I purchased waffle weave robes from Kohl's- they were on sale and I had a coupon so they ended up being $22 each which I think was a great price. They are super soft and really a pretty color (I got light pink for my BMs and white for me) then I got them embroidered with just their first initial and mine has my full new monogram. The one initial was $6 and my monogram was $15

Here is the robe, on sale for $26 now!
    http://m.kohls.com/product/prd-957542/croft-barrow-waffle-weave-wrap-robe.jsp

The only other idea I have seen that is similar is getting oversized button down white shirts. They are really cute but I think the robe is more practical to use after and its longer on the girls too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestions!

Also, I do plan to get my bridesmaids other gifts too, that is why I was looking for a reasonbly priced alternative.
  • Options
    CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_bridesmaid-robe-alternatives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:deb92152-3678-4728-9110-471e774f1fdePost:d7583553-18b7-489b-80e4-874ce67745ad">Re: Bridesmaid Robe Alternatives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridesmaid Robe Alternatives? : I agree with this.  I really think items like this are a waste of money.  You can put this money to better use then buying them a robe that they will only wear for an hour.  FYI, you should still get them a real gift in addition to the robes.
    Posted by snippet17[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don't get why people think robes won't be used after the fact. Its not like you're putting "Bridesmaid" on them or something. They are a "real" gift- moreso than getting them earrings for that day or something. What did you ladies get your bridesmaids?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_bridesmaid-robe-alternatives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:deb92152-3678-4728-9110-471e774f1fdePost:eebe5963-c970-4ea4-bb7f-f61b46a4c805">Re: Bridesmaid Robe Alternatives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridesmaid Robe Alternatives? : Honestly, I don't get why people think robes won't be used after the fact. Its not like you're putting "Bridesmaid" on them or something. They are a "real" gift- moreso than getting them earrings for that day or something. What did you ladies get your bridesmaids if the robes are such a bad idea?
    Posted by Caitlynmk[/QUOTE]

<div>If every single one of your girls would LOVE to have a robe, then it's not such a b ad idea. I just know that none of my girls or myself would want one and would never wear it again. Plus, I feel that that anything that is actually for the wedding/the day of, does not count as a gift. If you are buying your girls something that is for them to "look uniform" or for you to "have cute pictures" that is a gift for you, not them.</div><div>
    </div><div>I got each of my girls something different that I knew they would love that pertained to their specific likes and interests. I spent $100 on each of them.</div><div>
    </div><div>MOH: a new carryon size suitcase</div><div>BM1: the new polaroid camera and film</div><div>BM2: a Michael Kors clutch</div><div>BM3: 2 pairs of Kate Spade earrings</div><div>BM4: Baltimore Ravens gear since that is her absolute favorite sports team.</div>
  • Options
    CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    I agree it shouldn't be the entire gift, and its not for the gifts to my maids. Although I know that is something mine would like. OP- I would say just stick to whatever you think your friends would like andi f you want them to be uniform in the getting ready photos I personally think its a really cute and practical idea. Keep in mind that getting them each something totally different may be difficult (at least it would be for me because I'm OOT). I think robes are more comfortable than the button down shirts if you are going to go that route, and there are definitely some options for you that could keep you in the $25-30 range, although etsy makes it easy you may spend more there.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I mean, every wedding is different, right? It's okay to think that robes are a waste of money, but some people like that tradition. I know that in my circle of girlfriends we actually got a lot of enjoyment out of seeing the different robes we each picked out - and there are pics of us at several weddings in different robes. It's a thing.

As for the poster who asked what other's got their bridesmaids, bridesmaid bags are one of the few things I have done already. I went big there though because these girls all had to shell out to fly in, so my bags included:

- robe
    - their wedding party jewelry (it was from Agatha, so I didn't want them to pay for it)
    - one bottle of champagne
    - one Sephora gift card
    - one larger achipeligo candle
    - some nice candy

I had everything in a gift bag waiting for them in their hotel rooms. 

On the other hand, I went super cheap when booking wedding photographers. It's all about where you want to spend your money. 
  • Options
    a Sephora gift card is a really good idea! I may steal that :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards