Military Brides

Re: *greeneke2*

• edited December 2011
    Back at ya!
    Photobucket
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got it! Thanks! Apparently, it's not letting me reply on my phone! I'll do it on here. We'll be at the Norfolk Naval Base. H wants to live close to by so it's not a far drive. I suggested VA Beach because it seems to be a much better place but someone he works with said that's a far drive. I really don't want to live in unsafe areas. Do you know of some great places in both Norfolk and VA Beach? I love the beach too! I used to live in SoCal and was such a big beach bum! It's great to hear about the malls. I love shopping. Lol. Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    I mean if you live in Va Beach it will be maybe a 30 minute drive?  But that is kind of standard to get anywhere around here...if he can handle that then I would go to Va Beach over Norfolk any day.  Are you looking to buy a house or rent something?  The nice areas of Norfolk can get pretty expensive!
    Photobucket
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    I will let him know that. Honestly I am finding more places I like in VA Beach. I haven't really found anything in Norfolk and I agree that the nice areas are so expensive! We are just olanning on renting, preferably a house but if not then a nice condo. I don't think 30 mins is that far but he just likes to be close. Our apartment in Japan is only a 5 min walk to the base so it will be a change! lol Do you mind me asking where in Hampton Roads do you live?
  • edited December 2011
    I actually live in Chesapeake. My dad used to work on Norfolk Naval base and we've always lived out here!  I would definitely try to convince your hubby to look into VA beach I feel like if he just stepped foot in Norfolk he might change his mind haha.

But hey on the upside.  Norfolk just opened their newly remodeled Navy Exchange.  It is now the largest exchange in the world, seriously.  You can't beat that! lol
    Photobucket
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Green, how familiar with the Newport News side are you?  That's probably where we are going to live since H will be have to got to both Norfolk and Newport News, and I've heard that side is the better option.  I'm going to be moving myself, and don't plan on doing house hunting before since we are just going to rent.  Once i really start looking, would you have ideas of areas that are better or worse?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Ahh okay, gotcha. Actually H and I have been talking about it and we are kinda set now on VA Beach! He's been talking to one of his buddies that's stationed on the same ship and he lives in VA Beach too and said the traffic isn't that bad. That's the only thing that H was worried about, the rush hour to and from work. 

The Exchange sounds cool, but I don't need to go there all the time anyway, as long as there are other malls around. lol Do you know which are the "nicer" areas in VA Beach? We're just going to rent, not planning on buying just yet. 
  • edited December 2011
    Beach-  I'm really not *that* familiar with Newport News, although it is part of Hampton Roads its kind of out there!  I'm sorry I wish I could help you more.

Kara-  There are lost of places!  Lynnhaven or Great Neck isn't bad.  If you can find something not to terribly priced I would live at the oceanfront.  Close to lots of restaurants and the beach best thing is you could probably ride your beach cruiser/walk everywhere and never have to drive if you didn't want to!
    Photobucket
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    That sounds great! I would love to live by the beach again. Are those 2 places on the oceanfront too or more like the 'burbs? I will be on the look out!
  • edited December 2011
    The other places are more like the 'burbs lol but all within 15 minutes....but there are TONS of places to live within 5 minutes of the beach and I would absolutely recommend checking it out down there.  Everyone I know that lives at the oceanfront just loves it!
    Photobucket
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I have been looking and there are so many houses I am already in love with! They are so beautiful! A lot of them are closer to the waterfront too! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards