Missouri-St Louis

OurWishingWell.com Experiences?

Has anyone "registered" on ourwishingwell.com?  It was recommended to me by a friend of my mom's for a way to register for our honeymoon.

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the site.  Thanks!

Re: OurWishingWell.com Experiences?

• edited December 2011
    My BIL and SIL used honeymoonwishes.com

Truthfully I think the whole thing is tacky since you're essentially registering for cash.  
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    There a lot of people like PP that think these are tacky, but I had a friend that was able to get a lot of neat things.  They had already paid for their stay at their honeymoon.  The sight they used allowed people to do things like, buy them a private dinner, or an excursion or something like that....they really loved it.  I don't remember the exact site they used...but I say go for it!
  • doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_ourwishingwellcom-experiences?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:869f2a0b-c79a-4363-b6b3-bb622fc38489Post:4ede3dcd-2652-4a3a-8b61-1173c59cf66d">Re: OurWishingWell.com Experiences?</a>:
    [QUOTE]There a lot of people like PP that think these are tacky, but I had a friend that was able to get a lot of neat things.  They had already paid for their stay at their honeymoon.  The sight they used allowed people to do things like, buy them a private dinner, or an excursion or something like that....they really loved it.  I don't remember the exact site they used...but I say go for it!
    Posted by fam6[/QUOTE]

You have to be careful with those sites.  When people think they are buying you a dinner or whatever, the money is actually just going into a general pool most of the time, so you may not use it as they had intended.  Also, a lot of these sites take like a 5% cut or something.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards