New York-Long Island

NY, PA - surrounding area wedding ideas

Hello,

I'm trying to plan a wedding for 9/10/11 with limited funds and wanted some ideas.  We live on Long Island and we want the ceremony and reception at the same place - here is the problem, we are working with around $2500 for this wedding!  It's my second time getting married, his first, so I'm trying to make sure his family can easily get to the location, but I don't want it to be cheesy - can you even DO not cheesy on such a tight budget?  It's going to be a very small wedding, around 40 people.  I don't think we'll need the traditional type reception with a DJ and all that nonsense.  I'd really love to hear some suggestions.  His Mom gave us a chunk of land on her property in upstate NY for our wedding gift and we were thinking of doing it there, but as I started getting prices, the $$ started adding up!  It seems cheaper to find a hall or restaurant that will supply pretty much everything.

Thanks in advance!

Re: NY, PA - surrounding area wedding ideas

• edited December 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to plan a wedding for 9/10/11 with limited funds and wanted some ideas.  We live on Long Island and we want the ceremony and reception at the same place - here is the problem, we are working with around $2500 for this wedding!  It's my second time getting married, his first, so I'm trying to make sure his family can easily get to the location, but I don't want it to be cheesy - can you even DO not cheesy on such a tight budget?  It's going to be a very small wedding, around 40 people.  I don't think we'll need the traditional type reception with a DJ and all that nonsense.  I'd really love to hear some suggestions.  His Mom gave us a chunk of land on her property in upstate NY for our wedding gift and we were thinking of doing it there, but as I started getting prices, the $$ started adding up!  It seems cheaper to find a hall or restaurant that will supply pretty much everything.

Thanks in advance!

• ceyringceyring member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a tough one.  I was going to suggest a cocktail reception, but if it's a destination wedding I think it would be impossible to not feed people.  Your best bet, I think, is to cut the guest list even further and either do it at a restaurant or at someone's home.  Good luck!
  • jw2065jw2065 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

there's a place immediately after the throgs neck bridge thats called Tosca Marque...they have a restaurant and a catering facility right next to the restaurant. they have different packages and were very reasonable. you don't even have to have a dj...you can use an ipod. check it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards