Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Classic & Modern music??? I need advice help!

Okay , I am trying to decide on our ceremony music.  We are having a semi formal wedding  and before the ceremony starts there will be a picture slide show that will have modern music along with it. But, we def wanted to walk down the aisle to classical music . Do you think its okay to use both styles?

Thank you tons! :)

Re: Classic & Modern music??? I need advice help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its your day and you can do whatever you want. I love music but I honestly don't think if I were at a wedding that used both that I would be offended. Its your day! Have all the music you want!
    Sellars33 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ceyringceyring member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's okay, but if the modern music is really energetic/loud, make sure the transition sounds all right.  Listen to the last slideshow piece and then the first ceremony piece (bridesmaid music, perhaps?) back to back and see if it's jarring.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys makes sence
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For our wedding we did a blend of classical and modern music!  I wanted to walk into One Hand One Heart, and we had phantom of the opera played for our recessional, and the quartet played along with out hymns,  its totally personal prefrence!  If you are more of a modern couple, go with modern melodic music before hand! (maybe dont try and have a string quartet play disco....) but we had the beetles All you need is love and Hallelujah played for our prelude music and our guests loved it!  It is great to do a blend!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ps. we used
    www.goldenscrollsoloists.com
    they have a list of classical and modern music that they are able to play! and they did a consultation with us, it was easy and they sounded great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards