New York-Long Island

LI or Upstate waterfront venues?

Hello!  After venue hunting for just about a month (and about 17 venues later), I'm a little exhausted and need some advice!  We're looking for a ceremony and reception venue on the water, so we've been looking on both the North Shore and South Shore in Nassau and Suffolk, as well as upstate a bit in the New Rochelle area.  We tried Riviera and Chateau la Mer, but both are booked for our late August '11 date.  Does anyone have any suggestions of places you've visited or booked? It doesn't have to be directly on the water with beach access - even just a great water view with a deck or something would be perfect. Thank you!!

Re: LI or Upstate waterfront venues?

• edited December 2011
    Check New Rochelle. Everything is on the water there. Beckwithe pointe is beautiful and so are all the others. I went to school there so I went to a bunch of them and they are all great, I just can't remember the names of them.
  • nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are a few I can think of on LI

(These are more East end)
    Lands end- Sayville
    Sunset Harbor- East Patchogue

then..

Bridhgeview Yacht Club- Long Beach (I think)
    Venetian Yacht Club- Babylon
    Harbor Club- Huntington

Thats all that come to mind now...GL :)

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011

Bridgeview is oceanside I believe.
    The one in Bayville that I can't recall the name of.
    We had our reception at Harbor Club and it was excellent. Food, service and one affair at a time-wonderful and personal. Great outside deck right on the harbor.

• nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one in Bayville is Crescent club I believe. I have been there its really nice :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hey there,

My last brides were all on the water.

Glen Sanders Mansion - Upstate
    Dowling Vanderbilt Mansion - Oakdale LI
    South Hampton Inn - Hamptons (obviously, lol)

and hey, if you want really cool wedding images and a fun photographer, check me out! : )

Good luck in your search!

Stacey
    www.showandtellphotography.com
    You got the ring. You have the man. Life is good. Now what? Document it. The crazy, the fun, and the happy moments that make up your lives. Check out my work, or give me a call and well gossip about all of your fun details for the "BIG" day! Thanks so much for considering, Stacey www.showandtellphotography.com www.showandtellphotography.blogspot.com
  • edited December 2011
    Bridgeview is on the water, one event at a time and great food. I am getting married there on 4/23/11
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Crescent Club is great but expect to pay a nice price for the beach location.  I got prices from $140-165 pp ++ for Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights.
  • edited December 2011
    I know this'll get me a load of crap, but New Rochelle is not upstate. It's like 20 minutes from the city and on the LI sound. Haha.

That being said, there's also Harvest on the Hudson in Tarrytown if you're willing to go to the otherside of Westchester.
  • edited December 2011
    Lands' End is beautiful.  We're hopefully booking them in the next week.  Fingers crossed!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards