Not Engaged Yet

AW: Dickens! (PiP)

Our bunny Dickens arrived on Thursday! Prepare for the cuteness!

He likes to hide under our coffee table.

So far he's settling in quite well but he's still very skittish and wary of FI and me. I don't blame him - according to the bunny rescue lady, we are his third adoptive home. He probably has no idea what's going on. However, the more we hold him (he likes to be rocked, like a baby), the calmer he is. The bunny rescue lady told us it could take about a month for rabbits to become accustomed to their new surroundings.

When he's out of the pen, he doesn't like it when we come too close or move to suddenly - that's when he dives under the coffee table - but he's getting more and more comfortable each day. Today, in fact, I left the door of his pen open for most of the day and he's been coming and going as he pleases. I'm very proud of him. He has pretty much explored every inch of the living room and dining room and it's seriously hilarious watching him slide on the wood floors. He has a healthy appetite but so far that doesn't include our furniture or wires.

We love having him and he is super sweet =D

Okay, I'm done gushing.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg

Re: AW: Dickens! (PiP)

• Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's so cute! I love the pic of him with his paws (are they called paws on a bunny? I've never really thought about that, heh) up on table. Congrats!
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Cute over load, keep us updated, love to see more pictures of the little guy.  Looks like in no time he'll be more social.  I like the pic of him on his hind legs looking on top of the table. 
  • edited December 2011
    awww I need that like button right about now.He looks like a cutie!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness, he's adorable!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He is absolutely adorable! He looks super curious as well - you can tell from the pics that he has a personality.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! OMG. He is so effing cute, bella!! Congrats again. :)
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Awwwww  <3
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    And I have a question! How much does his cage smell? Obviously you've just got him so you probably don't know yet, but does it actually stink? Some people say they stink really bad, but I've always wanted a rabbit. Just curious to how bad it really is.
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a bunny for like 9 years. Very cute. Is he potty trained? 

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!! *swooon*

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, he's so cute! Congrats on the new furbaby!!
  • edited December 2011
    OMG! So CUTE!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

OMG so many replies! Thanks for all the congrats and the squees and the cutenesses!

Cackle - yes, they're called paws ^_^ 

bourge - his cage doesn't smell much at all! His pee smells (who's doesn't?) but the litter we use in his box is very absorbant - it's the type of bedding that's used in horse stalls. Plus the timothy hay that he eats tends to overpower any smells the litter box may omit (and timothy hay smells lovely). If you decide to get a bunny I'd be happy to PM you the information!

SeaTea - yes, he's potty trained! The rabbit rescue we got him from always potty train their adoptees. We've had no accidents whatsoever yet.

Liv - He's 8.4 pounds, according to the rabbit rescue's notes. He could loose a little weight but he's so chubby and cute I don't really want him to!

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    Awwwwwwwwwwww.  I want.
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    He is SO cute! I love that picture of him under the table!

• MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He is so cute!!! That white tail is killing me! He looks like the Easter bunny.
  • edited December 2011
    ekath - his belly is white too, to match the tail! =)

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! I'm glad to hear someone who actually owns a bunny that doesn't think they smell!! If I decide to get a bunny one day, I know who to pm!
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Awww, he's adorable! Yay for pictures of cute bunnies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• lmwilberlmwilber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG such a cute bunny!!! I love the name too! Congrats on the new furbaby :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Can I take him for a weekend?
    I'm not good at feelings.

• edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards