Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Balloon or not

I want a balloon arch for my wedding but my wedding planner says they are not the style I need what do u think I think it would be cute

Re: Balloon or not

• Options
    Balloon arches make me think of company picnics and community 5Ks, not weddings.   However, if you want one, then your planner should honor your request.
    DSC_9275
  • Options

check with your venue they may or may not allow them

• Options
    Agree with Avion.  Ballon arches make me think of prom portraits or homecoming floats.  They don't really say wedding to me.  But if you and your FI want one, and they are allowed by your venue, that's your decision to make.

One other thing to check: if your area is under a helium shortage, the cost of producing a balloon arch my be prohibitively expensive. It may also not be possible to get the helium you need to blow up balloons in the first place.
    Anniversary

• Options
    They have them at the Third Avenue Fair and they look appropriate there.  They don't look appropriate at a wedding.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I also agree that they are not appropriate for a wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have to agree with the others.  I saw balloon arches at weddings in the 80's or 90's but nothing remotely recent.  I think that is a good thing.  They don't scream wedding class or wedding elegance.  They scream kids bday party.

• Options
    OMG Retread!!  I just threw up a little and it was chocolate, dang it.  Good Heavens that was hideous.
  • Options
    I've seen them at sweet 16's and they're cute then. At a wedding, when the celebrated are grown adults, uh no.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards