Illinois-Chicago
Options

Honeymoon--where are you going?

We are kinda stuck on where we would like to go for our honeymoon. Hawaii is on the top of my list but the 9 hour plane ride is a little overwhelming.
So I ask you, where are you going on your honeymoon?? What are you most excited for in that location?

Re: Honeymoon--where are you going?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Riviera Maya/Cancun and the thing I'm most looking forward to is visiting the endangered monkey reserve there, where they let you interact with the spider monkeys.  That's if you're talking about being excited about something other than being alone with my hubby...of course.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Europe....don't let the plane ride scare you!!  We are taking a flight around 9pm so we sleep on the plane and are well rested when we land!

You can always take something to knock you out...but let's be honest....you guys will be in newlywed bliss!

Hawaii is so amazing, and has so much more to offer than anywhere in mexico or the caribbean. (not saying those places aren't nice....but Hawaii has such an amazing local culture!)  If your heart says hawaii, DO IT!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I'm most excited about eating my way across France, Italy, and Spain with my favorite person in the whole world (and fellow foodie!)!!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana in the Dominican Republic. We are both really excited for the beaches and the amazing resort!!! I hear the food and activities are amazing! I am really looking forward to being a lounge lizzard on the beach for a week :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Italy.  We haven't had the chance yet to do a whole lot of booking because the September flight schedule for next year is slowly coming out, so we'll see how it goes!

As for the flight, don't let it scare you.  It will fly by faster than you know it.  However, I do disagree that if you fly at night you will feel well-rested once you land!  We flew to Australia and Europe (both overnight) and we will needed a nice long nap after landing!  But its def worth it!!
  • Options
    kag0215kag0215 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to New Orleans. We are so excited to try all the food and hear all the jazz.
    209 Invited image
    141 Can't Wait image
    19 Have Something Better To Do image
    49 Can't Find a Mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    St. Lucia, but also a LONG flight! Any flight time is worth it in my eyes. I am gearing up for 24 hour flight for our one-year anniversary to Australia/New Zealand.
  • Options
    sperky1sperky1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got back from my honeymoon to Italy and Athens.  It was everything I hoped it would be and then some!  It was a long flight, but we slept for the most part on the way there and watched movies on the way back.  I've flown to Hawaii from Chicago so that was 10 hours I think.  It's been a while, but for long flights I recommend water, sleeping and "plane socks".  They're at website like Magellan. I got them for my honeymoon flight because after my flight to Hawaii I realized how much my ankles swelled and hurt.  I thought they'd sqeeze my ankles to death and I would be uncomfortable, but they were great! No discomfort at any point.  I also got a u shaped neck pillow and that was a wise choice for such a long plane ride.  DOn't hesitate to follow your heart!  You won't regret it, I promise!
  • Options
    sperky1sperky1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got back from my honeymoon to Italy and Athens. I was most excited about a dinner/wine tasting in Tuscany and the Vatican excavations beneath St. Peters.  I was not disappointed!  They were both AMAZING!  It was everything I hoped it would be and then some!  It was a long flight, but we slept for the most part on the way there and watched movies on the way back.  I've flown to Hawaii from Chicago so that was 10 hours I think.  It's been a while, but for long flights I recommend water, sleeping and "plane socks".  They're at website like Magellan. I got them for my honeymoon flight because after my flight to Hawaii I realized how much my ankles swelled and hurt.  I thought they'd sqeeze my ankles to death and I would be uncomfortable, but they were great! No discomfort at any point.  I also got a u shaped neck pillow and that was a wise choice for such a long plane ride.  DOn't hesitate to follow your heart!  You won't regret it, I promise!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Dreams Palm Beach resort in the Dominican Republic.

I am most excited to FINALLY be alone with my love and starting our life together!  annnnd of course, the beach :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i don't know...it's a surprise!  lol

but my fiancee booked it last weekend!

he's really really good at planning trips.  i told him, just tell me what to pack and take me to o'hare!  lol

i'm so excited! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure. I'm definitely an AI beach resort in the Caribbean kind of girl and Dominican Republic would be IDEAL for us (the resorts mentioned here sound awesome), but we're getting married in October and I'm uber paranoid about hurricane season.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Chile, Argentina, and Uruguay with a stop in Miami as well (not planned, but works out great). Can't wait for all the amazing food!
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Aruba!  I'm just excited for the beach. We might make one other stop somewhere--Florida/Carolinas/TX  but not sure yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A week in Egypt and two weeks in Greece!  Can't wait!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Secrets Maroma in Riveria Maya!

And I agree, the HI flight isn't as bad as it sounds!  Just be prepared to watch some movies and read some.  It's SO worth it!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vegas, baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    stephasuasustephasuasu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got back from Greece! We stayed at the Vedema Resort on Santorini for 5 days, and then the Athen's Gate Hotel in Athens for two day. I HIGHLY recommend these hotels/resorts if you are planning to go to either of these places :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards