Outdoor Weddings

Destination wedding California - June / July 2013

Help wanted or any ideas would be most grateful.
Looking to have a small intimate beach wedding anywhere in california. 
Looking for a pastor/minister /chapel to marry us and a small venue/resturant /caterer for about 15-20 people. Ideal would be a reception on  the beach or a beach front venue. Combining two families  with kids and would like it all about the kids and us. 
My ideal plan would be as followers

A WHOLE DAY all about us and the kids

sunrise ceremony
champayne breakfast - for all including guests
trip on the water to spot dolphins or whales - just our small family
lunch in boat
sunset ceremony - evening reception - for all including guests
"a girl can dream"

Any ideas, links, reference to caterers, minister, chapel.
Open to all as i am currently planning the wedding from overseas.
Thank you all in advance

Re: Destination wedding California - June / July 2013

• You may want to check the local wedding boards since this is an international board with brides from all over (not just California).  What you're proposing sounds really nice, but you need to include all your guests in these activities--you can't expect people to get up at the crack of dawn, witness your vows, join you for breakfast (which is actually your reception) and then wait ALL day to join you for ANOTHER party that night.  I'd recommend cutting out the second "reception" that night and just have the champagne breakfast you're proposing.  You're then free to do whatever you choose with your new husband and kids, and certainly plan a nice dinner for that night.  But please don't expect your other guests to hang around all day with nothing to do just to celebrate with you again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards