Florida-West Coast
Options

Ideas for small wedding on beach and what to do afterwards?

So, I am really stuck between having a larger beach ceremony and reception for 75-100 people, or just having parents & siblings and something more casual.  Either way, this is a destination wedding.   If I did a small wedding on the beach with 20 guests, Im wondering what we could do afterwards?  Anyone out there ever do a small wedding on the beach and then just go somewhere for dinner?  I live in Maryland, and am looking at the St. Pete/Clearwater/Anna Maria areas. 

Thanks!

Re: Ideas for small wedding on beach and what to do afterwards?

• Options
    sherrymarisherrymari member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in the area and am getting married in Nov. on the beach here.  I suggest renting a home - many budget options available.  Even if you don't stay there - some are 3 nt minimum, but you can use it to do your own cooking/BBQ or cater (WildWood BBQ in ST. Pete is good).  Some homes are a week minimum, but depending on the time of year, they may be flexible.  Look on VRBO and search for vacation homes in the area on google.

Frenchy's in Clearwater is a popular, but crowded place, Crab Shack or yes, Wild Wood are good choices - there's more though.

We're renting the Hemmingway in Belleair Shores, near Clearwater - very classy, but don't have to spend that much.  Many places sleep up to 10 so family can stay too, that's what we're doing.
  • Options
    twixrextwixrex member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will get married in 2 weeks out at Honeymoon island, Dunedin FL. Our party is about 30 ppl and we will have the reception at the pavilion on the island as well. Everybody took very good care of us and we just love the location. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards