Arizona-Tucson

Local Dressmakers

So this is a bit of a stretch... but I really need help! I really want to look into having my dress custom made, because I am a plus size with weird proportions and I REALLY want a vintage-inspired dress. I got some vintage Vogue patterns online that I am totally in love with, but I have no idea where to start with finding a dressmaker! And I have no clue how much it would cost!

Has anyone gotten a dress custom made from scratch, or know someone who has? There are so many seamstresses in Tucson, but I'm sure there are good ones and bad ones. Any suggestions, please!   : /
April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Local Dressmakers

• edited December 2011
    check out Back Stich Betty. She's on Facebok and Etsy
  • Lex86Lex86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Hem and Her. They are on Stone, close to the Tucson Mall (look for the scissors on the mailbox). They carry Pronovias. Which are wedding dresses from Spain. They have that vintage look. I purchased my dress from there and they are going to have to pretty much redo everything. My cousin had her dress custom made there and a friend of mine pieced different dresses together that she liked. 
    They get REALLY busy...so make sure you make an appointment, but still be prepared to wait.

• nikkibarrnikkibarr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i can make your dress.  you can e-mail me a photo of the dress that you want.  let me know what material you want and you would need to come up here at least once.  im in abq new mexico.  after i see the design of the dress i will let you know the price.  it will probably be anywhere from 2,000 to 4,000 just so you know.  but you'll end up paying allot less than a bridal salon.   you can contact me at my e-mail g_girl2009@hotmail.com.  I am a private dress maker just so you know.  my name is nicole but you can call me nikki.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards