Destination Weddings Discussions

Good Tuesday!

Hi, Ladies! I'm back! This weekend was nice and we got a TON done. But, that's another post...

How was everyone's weekends? Get any wedding checks completed? What do you have going on today?

I've got work today. Then heading home to do the weekend cleaning I normally do, but didn't get to since we were out of town.

Hope everyone has a great day! YAY to not having a full work week with yuesterday's holiday.

Re: Good Tuesday!

• I am working today then bootcamp. I am going to make fish for dinner tonight and go on a walk with FI & our pup =) I am just finishing thank you cards for the bachelorette.

I cannot believe I just scheduled my final fitting too ! It is so crazy !
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Working and then dinner. I am also going to work on my sea shell bouquet and the flower girls basket tonight.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got a TON of things done this weekend!  I feel like a whole new person - I'm not stressed at all right now (at least for the minute!).  

We got our budget updated which confirmed we're still in good shape, went through all of our shower gifts & took back duplicates & got some items updated on our registry.  Also went through all of our OOT bag items & favors, and made a spreadsheet which will help distribute the items.  Sent another email to our WC with some details she needs.  

This week's chore will be getting everything packed that needs to go to St. Thomas, because we'd like to get it out no later than Monday.  So I have to figure out the best way to put the favors together & things like that.  Fortunately my fiance is gifted when it comes to shipping/packing stuff, because just the thought of it overwhelms me.  

My amazing sister has taken over designing a welcome letter, which quickly turned into a newsletter, for the people cruising with us.  That also took a lot of stress off of me, because I'm not good at that either!  Boy, I think I need to stop writing things and go find things that I AM good at!  
  • This was a great weekend!

BIG wedding check: Getting the bridesmaids into dresses! What's a shopping trip without drama?! Thank goodness it didn't come from my bridesmaids! I told the store that I had 6 bridesmaids and allowing them to choose any style of chiffon dress from 3 or 4 colors. So...you do the math...if each color were to be picked, then there would never be 3 dresses per color.

Anywho, I had them choose from 3 different colors and I made it even, so 2 dresses per color.

They called me later that day to tell me that the policy was a minimum of 3 dresses per color, no matter what style. What?! Even though they were aware of the 3-4 colors between 6 bridesmaids a month ago?

Luckily the store was on my way back home, so I spoke with the girl who helped us and she said it was a designer policy, but it worked out. I chose the 2 colors that worked the best...so, crisis averted!

Here are the dresses my bridesmaids will be picking (2 dresses were chose twice):

Chosen twice. This is one of my colors. Teal is the other one

Chose twice

Was going to have this color as an option, but nixed it after the minimum order...

Can't wait til they arrive...in three whopping months!! Sheesh.
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I got a Dyson for my birthday (5/24) and FI proceeded to vacuum the entire house with it!  I guess that's a double gift LOL

Then we got a lovely new patio set to go on our new deck.  We'll call that our one year engagement-anniversary gift. 

Then we got lots of yard work done.  We've got a weed jungle to attack.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards