Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Disney Honeymoon

We decided to go to disney for our honeymoon... It was either that or a cruise.  James hasn't been to disney since he was a child but I've gone alot (i dont mind going again.. it's been about 6-7 years since I've been)... I used to go often with my now ex MIL and I even went there on my first honeymoon lol 

I can't wait :)  We are getting married in June but decided to go away in September.  Decided that because he has family come up from texas( to maine) and we want to spend time with them before we go.  It'll also give us time to save up more money after the wedding since we are paying for our own wedding.

He is super oober excited about the trip! :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Disney Honeymoon

• Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Good choice! We're going to DIsney World on our honeymoon in September too (and then doing a Disney cruise). :)

What time of the month are you going? If you're going toward the end of the month you might be there for the Food and Wine Festival ((clicky)). Most of the New Fantasyland expansion will be open too! ((clicky))

Be sure to check out Disney's website next May/June for their deals for September!
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and great choice!  Make sure to wear the Disney Honeymoon buttons and mention it's your honeymoon when making dinner reservations.
  • Options
    thanks guys!  We're thinking of going towards the beginning of September.  We don't drink so the wine festival won't be for us!  :)  Can't wait!!!! 
  • Options
    I don't like wine either, but I'd definitely looking forward to pigging out on the food portion of the festival. lol
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are getting married in March and going to Disney World for two weeks next September/October. It is the best time to go since it is Disney's value season, less crowds, and the food and wine festival is happening. Do you know where you are staying? We were planning on staying at the Saratoga Springs resort, but may stay at the Wilderness Lodge instead since my parents are staying at the Wilderness Lodge campsite. We are comparing prices, available transportation from the hotel to the parks, and proximity to the parks to make our final decision.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ems27ems27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm jealous you all can go in September! I'm starting a teaching job, so we will need to go over the summer- but usually you can get a free meal plan with your on-site accomodation in Sept at Disney :-)

My favorite place is Yacht&Beach/Boardwalk since it's so close to Epcot, but we might stay at Swan&Dolphin (they do some teacher discounts) or the Port Orleans location.
    June 2013 August Sig Challenge
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lol uber not oober :)

have fun-i love disney!!

• Options
    We are going to Disneyland for a couple days as a mini-moon. My FI hasn't been there for about 20 years, and neither of us have been to CA Adventure. I can't wait either! I'm definitely going for those wedding Mickey ears with our wedding date embroidered on them :p We are getting married in April, so it works perfect, because the days we will be there, there are no spring breaks going on!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have been dreaming of Disney land my whole life for my honeymoon
    and the only thing my fi cares about is going on a cruise for his honeymoon and not having a pink wedding- that is all he has asked....
    soo

DISNEY CRUISE! =]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_disney-honeymoon-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:52d07c9e-24a6-4ac6-a848-583003901d35Post:2fc56b60-4587-4a0d-b17d-c00a14011b65">Re:Disney Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married in March and going to Disney World for two weeks next September/October. It is the best time to go since it is Disney's value season, less crowds, and the food and wine festival is happening. Do you know where you are staying? We were planning on staying at the Saratoga Springs resort, but may stay at the Wilderness Lodge instead since my parents are staying at the Wilderness Lodge campsite. We are comparing prices, available transportation from the hotel to the parks, and proximity to the parks to make our final decision.
    Posted by 091109brIANna033013[/QUOTE]

we are planning staying at the All Star Movies Resort:) 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_disney-honeymoon-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:52d07c9e-24a6-4ac6-a848-583003901d35Post:bff67c01-224f-4b7d-9140-975726d53503">Re: Disney Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm jealous you all can go in September! I'm starting a teaching job, so we will need to go over the summer- but usually you can get a free meal plan with your on-site accomodation in Sept at Disney :-) My favorite place is Yacht&Beach/Boardwalk since it's so close to Epcot, but we might stay at Swan&Dolphin (they do some teacher discounts) or the Port Orleans location.
    Posted by ems27[/QUOTE]

I've stayed at the Port Orleans riverside and also at the polynesian.. both very nice....  Gonna go with one of the value resorts this time and give it a shot (save some money too! .. unless they have a deal at the time of booking).  
  • Options
    We are going October 16 to October 21 :-)  We just went in August 2011 (right after we got engaged) but had such a good time we decided to go again.  Plus, FI has a new-ish job and his vacation time is a little screwy.  We stayed at Yacht Club last time and LOVED it but wanted to try something a little different for our honeymoon and are staying at Boardwalk Inn.  We definitely wanted to stay on Epcot Property again because we LOVE Epcot (plus, the food and wine festival will be going on).

We have deluxe dining plan and I've got my reservations made with the exception of one!  So excited to go to some of the same places we ate at last time, and to try a few new ones as well!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    That's cool cornflwr33. Basically all the Disney hotels are awesome. We decided to splurge on the hotel for this trip because it will be decades before we would stay at a Deluxe Disney resort again. We are leaning towards the Contemporary now because the rooms are really nice, the location and transportation options are great, and it is actually cheaper than the other Deluxe hotels.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards