Hawaii
Options

Meriman's Maui

Does anyone have any info on weddings at merriman's in maui? the coordinator is not quick to respond? had questions on prices there........

Re: Meriman's Maui

• Options
    tiggy5555tiggy5555 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!
    I contacted them a few months back and the coordinator is very slow to respond. People keep telling me it's island time :) Anyhoo, the ceremony area is $500 site rental and I don't think that comes with anything.

The side lanai has a F&B min of $2000 and can fit 20-25 people.

The deck is split into two parts with different pricing. They also have cabanas off to the side for a fee.

You can send me a PM with specifics of what your wondering.

HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image139 Were invited to paradise!
    image 39 Are ready to party!
    image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
    image 0 Need to check their mail!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's funny because I just emailed her too!  My fiance and I are going to be there later this week to check things out, and I was hoping to set up an appointment with her.  Let me know if you hear anything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been working with the coordinator for almost a year now and wil be getting married there next month.  She was pretty quick to respond to all my questions but i've also noticed she's been realy slow to respond lately.  She is pretty helpful via email when she does respond though!  I think weddings there are pretty flexible in terms of what you want to do.  I'm doing the lunch buyout so I can have the ceremony out on the deck and reception in the main dining area.  They've been very accomodating with payment schedules and what vendors I suggested using, etc.  They don't allow amplified anything outdoors though, which was a minor setback for me as I wanted to have Jamie Lawrence perform.  Hopefully she's just running into a busy time and she gets back more promptly!  It's getting down to the wire for me and i'm getting nervous with all the little details that need to get wrapped up!
  • Options
    trojanqtitrojanqti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got married there 2 weeks ago and everything went great.  Danielle would always respond within a week to any emails although she is busy right now with a lot of weddings.  We did the lunch buyout and had our ceremony on the lawn and the reception on the lanai (40 people).  The food was great!  We also had Jamie Lawrence perform for our ceremony and you could hear him fine without any amplification.
  • Options
    lorena224lorena224 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    She was super slow to respond at first, but the turn around time got better once she knew we were truly interested. There will be less than 20 of us so we are just renting the cabana for dinner. I think it is $200 plus $1k F&B minimum. It includes chairs, tables, basic linens, china, etc. Extras are the chandelier, centerpieces, upgraded linenes. They have tents, which are a bit more private for $300 set up fee plus $1k F&B min.  
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Do any of you know if Merriman's allows dancing or a DJ??? Thanks!

• Options
    trojanqtitrojanqti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do either at our wedding but I've seen photos of weddings there that did have dancing.  You probably need to do a buy out to have a DJ though.
  • Options
    lorena224lorena224 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    They do allow DJs. Dj Boomshot is on their preferred vendor's list. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tiggy5555tiggy5555 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was told that DJ's are allowed for buyouts only. Otherwise they have a list of people who play live island style music.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image139 Were invited to paradise!
    image 39 Are ready to party!
    image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
    image 0 Need to check their mail!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards