Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

After The Ceremony Send Off?

Hi! I need everyone's help ... So I am wanting to do the sparkler send off after the receptions - But ... we are also getting a trolley to take the wedding party from the ceremony to the reception and I know our family/friends will want to stay to see us leave in it.

What does everyone recommend us doing?  We are not want a receiving line. So after the ceremony ends we walk down the aisle as a married couple Smile then what does everyone recommend?  Please keep in mind that we are going to take pictures after the ceremony because we do not want to see each other before!

Thank you a lot for your help in advance.

Re: After The Ceremony Send Off?

• Options
    If you want them to see you in the trolley, it might be better to have that happen as your arrival at the reception. You can't expect everyone to stay at the ceremony site while you're doing pictures just so they can watch you get on the trolley.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    You could get in the trolley immediately after the ceremony, wave goodbye,  and go for a ride around the block, before you start pictures. That will cue your guests to proceed to the reception location.

• Options
    I agree with PP. My fiance drives limo and it's not uncommon for him to do a "get away" drive after the ceremony which is exactley what the PP said. It allows everyone to see you off, the guests leave, you come back and do photos w/family in peace & quiet. Just make sure you fill in everyone who needs to stay what is going on. My brother in law forget to tell his siblings about it at their wedding & his family took off so we could only do our side at the church,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards