Canada-Ontario

Where to purchase Rhinestone Ribbon?

Hey Everyone
I did a search but couldn't find anything on this.

Does anyone know where to purchase Rhinestone Ribbon to be used on a wedding cake.

I checked Michael's and they didn't have it - - well the store at Heartland in Mississauga.

Any other places?

Thank you!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where to purchase Rhinestone Ribbon?

• edited December 2011
    It might be a bit tedious but you could make your own. I was a cat a few halloweens ago (I know creative huh lol)
    Anyway  I wanted to make a diamond collar so  I bought a spool of black satin ribbon and these little circle diamond rhinestones that had flat backs. I also bought these little adhesive dots and just stuck them on evenly apart all the way around. I got everything at Micheals and it didn't cost much.
    Sorry I'm not much help, good luck with your search!
    May 2011 March Siggy: Our Venue~ Toronto Argonaut Rowing Club
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Sarah & Geoff~ May 14th, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    My cake decorater found rhinestone on a spool, knid of like ribbon ... but just a strip of a rhinestones in small squares.  Sorry that's a horrible description.  But she found it at a Michael's in Brampton.  She's going to use strips of this rhinestone thing against purple ribbon on the cake.  I think it looks great.

Check another Michael's and see what you can find.
    ~~~~~Melissa~~~~~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!!!!
    I'll check the Brampton & Vaughan Stores :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This isn't the rhinestone ribbon you are looking for but if the DIY option doesn't work out there is a store in Mississauga that pretty much only sells ribbon and will wholesale to the public. I have not been to the physical store but have been creeping the online store and they might have some good alternatives.

http://www.creativebag.com/
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked the Vaughan Michael's ... no luck.  Infact many of the sales associates don't know what I'm talking about :(

kerogenki - maybe I'm using the wrong terminology...I should ask for rhinestones on a string or a spool of rhinestones...gonna check out the brampton store this week

FH and I aren't really keen on doing a DIY for this one, so if we can't find it we may end up settling for regular silver ribbon and some sort of silver or pearl colour beads on a string.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    my friend got some of that I think she went to this store in kensington market that only sells fabric and ribbons. I'll ask her and get back to you!
  • suellenslatersuellenslater member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call designer fabrics on Queen Street West, they sell the most amazing selection of trims and specialty items, I am sure you would find it there.
    Sue-Ellen
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks suellenslater...i sent them an email (I think they are closed for victoria monday)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked and asked and looked again but never found this for a price that I could justify! lol! (Designer fabrics had for 6.99 / yard but it was only 1 line of rhinestones - didn't think it was worth it)
    My FI actually found another item we wanted at michael's at dixie outlet mall and we wondered over to the ribbon aisle and I found a black sequence ribbon that we've decided on using.  It was a little cheaper at 5.70 a meter.
    ~ Thanks for all your help ladies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards