Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Out of town bride flower question/florist recommendations?

Our original wedding plan was a planned "elopement"/mini-DW to New Orleans, that turned into a wedding closer to home. We're now reconsidering plan A, because I was not blessed with a "wedding planning is fun" gene.
Putting all that aside, are there any out of town New Orleans brides who are planning their bouquet primarily by email? What was your jumping off point?  I'm not worried about an officiant or a location (either a permit to have the ceremony inside the gates at the cathedral or city park), those are pretty easy, but I'd feel better knowing of a florist who is used to working with out of town brides. I appreciate any suggestions!
Trying to get all of our ducks in a row so we can finalize our plans.
Editing to add we'd like to use someone in the Garden District or FrenchQuarter, just to make things easier for ourselves and our families.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Out of town bride flower question/florist recommendations?

• Options
    What florist did you use? Based on what I'm finding via google search I'm thinking of contacting Nola Flora.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @amenter thank you so much! I've read positive things about Christina O'Malley on here in the past. I appreciate your input!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I am using Beth's Flowers and she has been wonderful so far! I contacted Christina O'Malley becuase of the wonderful reviews I have seen on here about her work, but the pictures she sent me left something to be desired. I did not like the  pictures of her work that she sent me-- small bouquets, not well put together, etc. Also, I needed help in which direction to go in because I was lost about color of the flowers, she just threw in my 3 color ideas all into a bouquet and it looked awful. I decided that I would go with Beth's soon after speaking with her. I recently moved out of town (I was born and raised in New Orleans) and so I had to do my entire consultation over the phone. She took exactly what was in my head and brought it to life. She sent me inspiration pictures while I was on the phone with her so I was able to tell her exactly what I liked and didn't like. Also, another HUGE plus- she lets you see all of your flowers the day before so if there are any changes you want made, she can do it so the day of you are 100% happy. My experience so far is wonderful and I dont expect anything less on the wedding day! Hope this helps Smile

• Options
    I'm an OOT bride, and am using Bella Blooms. I met with Dee, the owner, once and have done everything else by email. She does AMAZING work, and will make any adjustments to stay within budget. 
  • Options
    Thanks so much to everyone for your suggestions!!!! Much appreciated and lots to think about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    <div>i am an out of town bride and i am using kim starr wise <a href="http://www.kimstarrwise.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.kimstarrwise.com</a> i love her use of uncommon flowers and plant materials... i showed her a few pics and had a short convo and she understood exactly what i wanted. she  is so easy to work with and she is very professional and attentive and unlike many vendors always answers your emails and phone calls promptly :) also you should start a pinterest board and she will follow it to easily keep up with your ideas </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_out-of-town-bride-flower-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:6bff7d61-632d-420a-967b-e390e71d6d53Post:9ba0df27-d710-4ba7-8c63-a7b6f9c737a3">Out of town bride flower question/florist recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our original wedding plan was a planned "elopement"/mini-DW to New Orleans, that turned into a wedding closer to home. We're now reconsidering plan A, because I was not blessed with a "wedding planning is fun" gene. Putting all that aside, are there any out of town New Orleans brides who are planning their bouquet primarily by email? What was your jumping off point?  I'm not worried about an officiant or a location (either a permit to have the ceremony inside the gates at the cathedral or city park), those are pretty easy, but I'd feel better knowing of a florist who is used to working with out of town brides. I appreciate any suggestions! Trying to get all of our ducks in a row so we can finalize our plans. Editing to add we'd like to use someone in the Garden District or FrenchQuarter, just to make things easier for ourselves and our families.
    Posted by samanthakelso[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards