• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
New York-Western

XP: International Postage - Canada

I posted this over on the invites board but then realized many of you might have dealt with it and know the answer being so close to Canada and all.   We are getting married in the finger lakes and are inviting family members from Canada.
We are putting together our invites for the wedding and have postcard RSVPs. Having sent them lots of mail in the past, we just put two stamps on envelope and it gets there just fine (my invites are not overweight or oversize so are just typical 44 cent postage for US). So for the invites I just plan on putting two stamps on the outside envelope.

My questions is for the postcard back.  My thought was just to put two postcard stamps on their RSVP but then it hit me that they'd be putting it in the Canadian post and would probably need Canadian stamps??  Is this true?  How do I deal with the international postage back to us for the RSVPs?  I still wish we lived in the B-lo area as I'd just run across the bridge and pick some up but being in Nebraska sort of makes that tough :(

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: International Postage - Canada

• edited December 2011
    PM coming your way...
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I have some friends that live in Canada.  They mentioned that the Canadian Post is having labor issues and the mail service is not regular.  I don't know if this will affect you at all, but you should go to the Canadian Post website to find out if the people you're inviting are in the affected area.  If they are, you may want to emai/calll them to let them know that you're sending an invitation but heard about the issues in Canada so you wanted to make sure they got it, especially since you're so close to your wedding date. 

If the PPs PM didn't answer your question, the Canadian Post website probably will.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards