Massachusetts-Boston

We want a band...now what???

We have finally decided on having a band for our wedding - only we have no idea where to start! What is a reasonable price point for a band? Does anyone have a recommendation for a great band? We are looking for musicians that can provide the old school rock n roll classics like Billy Joel, Journey, Queen, etc so that guests of all ages can enjoy the music and dance. Any recommendations or tips are very much appreciated!

Re: We want a band...now what???

• When I was looking for bands, every single venue kept recommending the same ones! Kahootz, Soho, Hip Pocket Orchestra, Night Rhythm, Radiance, Eye to Eye... You could start by calling Music Management or Wilson Stevens Productions, which manage most of the bands above. Most of the bands were between $6,000 - $9,000, but that might vary by number of people in the band, hours played, etc. 

Good luck! 
  • The band we used was awesome, played what you're looking for and was below that price point. I had looked at a lot of other bands that cost that much, been to a lot of weddings with bands that cost that much, and I saw more people dancing at ours. Anyways, it's all about personal preference. Here is the website, they have some samples on here and in person they are even more amazing: http://www.ripcordmusic.com/fr_bios.cfm

The head of the band is Joe Carson, he's super easy going and they are all great, we also had the guitarist, Chuck, play acoustic guitar for our ceremony. Hiring them was the best decision we made for the wedding, well that and our photographer.I would email them and tell them what you're looking for and see what they say. Price will depend on how many pieces of the band you want, what time of year, what day of the week, lots of stuff. We had 4 pieces because that's what we were limited to by our venue and we were the end of April. We had just Joe, the male singer, they also have a female singer who has a great sound. You can email Joe and I'm sure he'll give you a price. His email is : jrcarson77@gmail.com

Good luck!

• Check out these guys, The Cheeks.  They're great!  No website, but they have a facebook page and you can contact them through it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Cheeks/219124074767785
  • Highly recommend Kahootz and K2.  They are both fantastic!
  • We used Rare Form for our wedding and they were awesome!!  They can play everything and really were great at getting EVERYONE on the dance floor and keeping them there.  For a Saturday wedding the price around $7000 for a wedding in 2010. 
  • We're using Soho, but also looked at Lisa Love Experience and were very impressed.  I think they are at or under the 5K mark
  • we're using Brick Park. They have an amazing range of songs and we paid under 6k for them but we booked them in 2010 for our 2012 wedding. I'm not sure what they charge now. 
  • I attended a wedding where eye to eye played. Most amazing band ever. Wish I could afford to have them play at my wedding. 
  • Check out gigmasters.com.  You put in where/when your wedding is and what you are looking for.  People bid to do the wedding and you get a great price.  I had a paino player for my ceremony and then he brought a sax player and drummer for the reception.  It was GREAT!  I think it also cost @ $600.
  • Thanks everyone!! These are great suggestions and links!!
  • My friend is in a band called Chemical Thirteen. They are a cover band, and they do 80s, 90s, and today. They play shows in the general vicinity as well as weddings. They have a list of songs on their site (chemicalthirteen.com) and I'm sure if you talked with them they'd be able to accommodate any specific requests and such. I'm actually going to see them play this week!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards