Florida-South Florida
Options

Make-up Trial

What's "reasonable" for wedding makeup?

I'm doing a make-up trial on Sunday w/ Nancy Rand for $64. If I go with her, it'll be $200 for the wedding day. It would be less if I knew my BMs were going to go in on it, but I doubt it.

How does that rank in price-range?

Has anyone else used Nancy Rand?

Re: Make-up Trial

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is it Airbrush or conventional make-up? Most MUA go higher if it is airbrush. For conventional makeup I say that is expensive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursery theme!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rach, Lutz doesn't even charge that much.  I think he charges $250 for both hair and makeup and he's the best of the best.  Definitely over-priced IMO.  
  • Options
    RachAisleRachAisle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, good to know. I wonder if I should cancel. As of now it'd be just a little under a week's notice...

Other recommendations??
  • Options
    hollie1113hollie1113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI, my (potential) make-up artist charges $150 ($50 due at trial, $100 day of).  She uses airbrush, so her prices are a little higher than conventional...I would highly recommend her based off communication to this point...my trial is set for next Wednesday, so I'll be able to give a FULL recommendation at that point!
    Her name is McKenzie Ramirez and here's her website:
    http://mjmakeupartistry.com
    I do agree that $200- well $264 total- is WAY too high. IMO, keep searching!
    And yes, Lutz is VERY popular around here :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Def. wayyy over - priced. Keep searching.
  • Options
    RachAisleRachAisle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks so much! She'd been recommended by the wife of a groomsman, but maybe her prices were better when they'd gotten married.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards