Florida-South Florida
Options

Bridal Shower Venue

Hello Knotties!
So I have almost everything planned for the wedding - Jan 12, 2013. YAY! :D But now I'm trying to decide on a venue for the Bridal Shower. If I do ladies only it'll be around 70 people, if I do couples it'll be close to 140. Any suggestions on a nice venue? Thanks!! :)

**EDIT: I am not planning my own shower, I am only helping with the choosing of venue.
Style I am going for is modern Tea Party. :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower Venue

• Options
    Please don't tell me that you are planning your own shower.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are having mine at the Westchester Country Club in Boynton Beach!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm trying to find a tea parlor that serves small sandwiches and tes :) that should keep cost down
  • Options
    I went to a tea house with my cousin and grandma dec 2010 in coral springs it cost alot. Or so i remeber

• Options
    BTW where in south fl are you looking lol

• Options
    Where in South Florida do want to have the bridal shower? (Miami? Broward? Palm Beach? the Keys? coastal? inland?)
    What are you looking for in a venue? A luncheon, a tea party, a brunch, a dinner?
    Also, are you asking for your bridesmaids/aunt/grandmother who is/are throwing the shower for you or for yourself as you are planning/hosting?
    Because if someone else is throwing the shower, I HIGHLY recommend running the numbers past them- 70 seems like a ton of ladies to me (of course if you're having a huge wedding- ie 250+, or a big family- then it makes sense). If you're planning it yourself, then try to get someone (one of your maids preferably) to act as hostess and have RSVPs mailed to her- you really aren't supposed to throw your own shower (it's pretty much just a nice way to ask for extra gifts).
  • Options
    I don't know how far south you are, But there is a tea room just past Cutler Bay in a historic district called Cauley Square. And I totally get your position, the people throwing my bridal shower wanted me to choose the venue as well. It was very courteous, they wanted me to enjoy the venue and ambiance.
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Before I get things thrown at me I think I should start off by saying - NO I am not planning my own shower! LOL. Definitely should have mentioned that before... My maid of honor is my younger cousin (teens) and my bridemaids gave me the option of choosing my location to help her out.

I'm located in Pembroke Pines so anything in Miami or Broward County is fine. I would like to do a brunch. Having a "tea party atmosphere" would be great but also want enough room to be able to play games and whatever else you do at bridal showers lol.

I know 70 sounds like a lot, but when both sides of the family live local... it adds up quickly!

Thanks ladies!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards