Hawaii

NWR...Maui activities

HI Ladies....It's been awhile since I lurked on this board. 

My *new* hubby and I are going to our friend's wedding in Maui in November (all expenses paid Laughing) and we'll have a full day and a half to do our own activities until we fly back home. Seeing that I have never been to Maui, I don't know what activities we should do for that time frame. So...

If you had a full day (and possibly a half day) to play on Maui, what is your MUST do's?

Re: NWR...Maui activities

• Wow, expenses paid!  How cool! 

Sunset at Haleakala (or sunrise, if super short on time) for sure.

Everyone always recommends the Road to Hana, but I'm mixed on it.  It takes most of the day, and the views while stunning aren't that different than what you can see along the CA coast or even in other parts of Maui.  If you do drive it, I would recommend taking the Waimoku Falls hike at the end.
  • Yup, Yup...all expenses paid. We're staying at Grand Wailea and they are hosting a booze cruise Thursday night (we'll fly in on Thursday morning/afternoon), Luau on Friday, then the wedding/reception will be on Saturday. We won't be leaving until Monday but not sure when on Monday (the bride is arranging everyone's itinerary). So that means we may have some time in the am on Sat (which I'm sure will be spent hanging by the many resort pools) and all day Sunday and possibly Mon am to do stuff. 
    I've heard about the Road to Hanna but I'm also hesitant since it seems like an all day activity...so I'm torn. Snorkling at Molokini is a must, I think but that's just a few hours. 
    Thanks for the suggestions! Keep them coming!
  • Oh, I also loved going to Iao Valley. It's a quick morning trip. Best to go in the early morning since there's not many ppl there, yet. We jsut loved it.
  • Get a beachside couples massage! :) I have a link in my bio to the lady we used. We did a fun Kayak tour through maui eco tours & we loved the snorkeling at honolua bay!
  • Hana is an all day activity, especially if you hike to the falls, it takes a little over 3 hours to drive there from Kahului airport. I suggest you go there when you have more time. Go to Iao Valley and see Needle Point, on the way up there are gardens called Heritage Gardens Kepaniwai Park, gorgeous there. (It'll be on your left) There is also a place called Maui Tropical Plantation about 10 mins away from Iao Valley. There is also a place were you can see turtles (like 30-40 of them for free!) that is near there as well but, I only know how to get there if I'm driving. I will try to get the directions for you if you like, I just have to look at a map. Lahaina is a good place to go, the banyan trees are there, I suggest you and your hubby east at Burgers in Paradise if you go there. Another one of my favorites is Napili Kai about 10-15 mins away from Lahaina. You can snorkel there and find pukka shells.There is a really good restraunt right on the beach, spectacular sunset with torch lighting ceremony and a view of Molokai! (sorry thats my island so I had to mention it) Hope this helps. Oh and there is an aquarium in Kihei that is really cool.
    He stole my heart... So I'm stealing his last name.
  • I'm sorry one more suggestion, Nakalele blowhole, west side of Maui. Ok I'm done...
    He stole my heart... So I'm stealing his last name.
  • I second Sunrise at Haleakala!   We really enjoyed the Maui Tropical Plantation and the Maui Ocean Center, oh, and the Atlantis Submarine tour!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards