Snarky Brides
Options

Nail color

Just want some opinions... I am wearing open-toed red shoes for my wedding. What color nail polish should I wear on my toes? Also, I normally get French manicures, but someone told me that was tacky for a wedding. Is it really? My nails are naturally and pretty short, I would not getting any fakes or anything. What do you recommend? FYI, evening wedding, outdoor ceremony. TIA for your suggestions!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Nail color

• Options
    I wore peep toe pink shoes, and I normally do my toenails pink so I had a hard time making a decision, but I went with french on my toes.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I went with teal tips on my toes, since teal was one of our colors.  They matched my peep toes. :)

eta -- I had a French manicure as well. (Not acrylics; I hate those!) I didn't realize it was considered tacky. Oh well.
  • Options
    French tip is not tacky but if it were me I'd go with red toe nails.
  • Options
    I wore dark purple nailpolish on my both my feet and hands.  My mother had a heart attack and asked why I was wearing black.  When I explained I wanted to match my flowers and my MOH's dress, she thought I was crazy and that I should have had a french manicure. 

I also have very short, natural nails.

I didn't really help.

Wear whatever you want.
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    I would either do red or french. 
  • Options

My toenails were navy blue, which was a wedding color.  I'd say french tips are fine if your nails aren't dyed from other nail polishes.  Mine aren't a pretty color if I don't let them go au naturale for awhile or file off a bit of the top layer.  (No fungus, just a slightly yellow tinge.)

my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    Uh, french tips are not tacky. I don't get it.

I can't wear french on my toes because my toes are really long. When I wear french tips on them, they look like fingers. It freaks me out.

I would do red on your toes.  You can bring the shoes in and match them to the nail polish.  That's what I did yesterday-- I brought a swatch of my bridesmaid dress to the nail salon and picked the red that matched it best.  It's really pretty too, it's called "An Affair in Red Square" by OPI. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I wore a bronze color on my toes which matched my shoes and the BM's. I think red, pale pink, or a nude/tan color would all work.

I had a French manicure too. In fact, I bought glue on French manicure nails because my natural nails suck. I guess that probably makes me even more tacky.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I think French on my toes looks weird too! I will try both red and light pink on my toes and see which I like. And I think I'll stick with my normal French on my fingers. I'm quite pale, so having pale fingers kinda weirds me out. I usually do bright colors on my toes, but I thought red & red might be too much! You ladies rock. :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well I guess we are all weird. Mine were a dark purple.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nail-color?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2f0a2dc3-16a1-4079-a3ae-65a4b5399d02Post:337f4443-b144-42f1-bb39-6159abee554b">Re: Nail color</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone! I think French on my toes looks weird too! I will try both red and light pink on my toes and see which I like. And I think I'll stick with my normal French on my fingers. I'm quite pale, so having pale fingers kinda weirds me out. I usually do bright colors on my toes, <strong>but I thought red & red might be too much! You ladies rock. :D</strong>
    Posted by tam427[/QUOTE]

I - for one - don't think it's too much.  As someone with pale fingers, I love color.
  • Options
    I don't think French manicure is tacky. My hands are kind of small so I've never gotten French tip nails, but I really like to paint the tips white with a clear coating.  I think it looks nice.

I wore wine colored peep-toe shoes at my wedding; my wedding colors were wine, grey/silver, and light pink.  I wore silver polish on my toenails and just painted my fingernails clear.
    panther
  • Options
    bidge24bidge24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    my colors were purple green and orange.  i wore green strappy sandals and my toes were a darker purple....i had a french manicure on my nails though
    Anniversary
  • Options
    CantiaCantia member
    First Comment
    I had red sandals and I painted my nails deep burgundy. I think go for a fun colour if you don't fancy the traditional look.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic International Nesties Signature Challenge - Place I would most like to visit
  • Options
    I'm doing teal on the toes and french mani or light pink mani.
  • Options
    I think the only time french manicures are tacky are when they are done with acrylic nails. If they are done with just polish they are very elegant.

I would either go with red or a nude. I wore closed toed heels for the ceremony and tennis shoes for my reception so I didn't paint them. My fingers had an opaque irridescent nude on them.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    I did deep red toes, French manicure for fingers.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nail-color?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2f0a2dc3-16a1-4079-a3ae-65a4b5399d02Post:8c4a7d81-b2b4-4a01-9af0-9639e26b0355">Re: Nail color</a>:
    [QUOTE]French tip is not tacky but if it were me I'd go with red toe nails.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think I am the only person who doesn't like French (esp not on toes).  I would go with a bright color that looks nice with the red shoes.  Try a few out.  I love bright nails.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards