Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Have you been to Jimmy's Conference and Catering in Vadnais Heights, MN?

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has had or been to a wedding ceremony and reception at Jimmy's Conference in Catering in Vadnais Heights, MN. I am looking for opinions on the place from a bride/groom point of view and guest point of view. Was the food good, room for everyone?
Also--if you had a wedding there was it affordable. I was told Jimmy's might cost less than many places in the twin cities. We are planning on having 200 guests.

Re: Have you been to Jimmy's Conference and Catering in Vadnais Heights, MN?

• Options
    estrandmarkestrandmark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not totally applicable but I was there for F's company holiday party.  The food was great, they did a buffet in one of the large conference rooms and I remember the fish being especially tasty. There were about 100 people at the party and I think that the big ballroom was split into 2 that night - don't know if you'd have it split or not but one thing to think about is we could hear the other party on the other side of the divider.

I would just make sure your guests know about the back entrance by the private rooms so they don't have to walk through the bar area - which would also be afun place for the after party!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to a wedding there about 2 yrs ago. The food was great, and the staff was really nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also went to a company christmas party there and it was beautiful and the food was awesome!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding reception there around three years ago and it was great - the food was really good (app buffet) and there was a nice gardeny patio area in which to walk outside when I got too overheated from dancing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    schmoodschmood member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding there about 3 years ago as well.  I can't recall anything specific about the food.... so I guess that means that it wasn't awful!  It was nice that it was connected to a hotel, if you have some out of town guests or people who don't want to drive.  And as PP mentioned, people could hang out in the bar afterwards too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My brother's wedding reception was there last year; I think they had around 300 people, and there was plenty of space.  The food was the usual wedding food- good but not spectacular- I think the chicken meals they chose were about $23 each.  It seems affordable, but it depends on the number of guests, because I believe there's a $9000 food/beverage minimum. 
    241 Invited image 117 Attending image 104 Declined image 20 Don't know what RSVP meansimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards