New Jersey

Vintage "inspired" wedding gown designer suggestions.

I am looking for a vintage "inspired gown". I actually LOVE the wedding gowns by Yolan Cris, but if you also love them and do your research, they do not sell in the US.  The designer is from Spain. I contacted them thru their website, and basically the dress that I am obsessed with would end up costing $3,400 USD not including shipping. The problem (other than the cost... I wasn't planning on spending that amount of money... more around $1500-$2000)would be that I would not be able to do any kind of fitting. Is there any designer in the US that anyone could recommend? This dress is my obsession:

8-26-12-1-1 8-26-12-2

Re: Vintage "inspired" wedding gown designer suggestions.

• BebsyBebsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about claire pettibone?

www.clairepettibone.com

I got my wedding dress from her, and I can't wait until it arrives.  =)  She has some dresses that are around 2-3k.  The other problem is that the only bridal salon that carries her stuff in NJ is jaehee bridal in englewood.  Kleinfeld's carries her dresses as well.  Good luck! 
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I immediately thought of Claire Pettibone as well but her dresses may be a little too pricey. Some of the Casablanca gowns have that look and feel that you're going for and they're more affordable:

Styles 1975, 1914, 2008, 2006, 1995, 2004 are all Casalblanca styles I'd check out.

Lazaro/Jim Hejlm might be a good one to look at as well.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I love Yolan Cris! It's really a shame they don't have distribution here.
  • Jojo714Jojo714 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies... I appreciate all the input.

smw42- I looked at all the styles, and they are very pretty thanks- however, not the look I am going for. I guess the picture that I put up isn't that great cause you can't see the intricate detail of the lace.. I wouldn't mind paying $3,400 for a dress I can try on and fall in love with in person. Here's the link:

http://yolancris.es/novia.php?id=33

bebsy- Thanks for the site... I will definitely go to Jahee to see what they have.

37butter- I am obsessed. I contacted them and they actually said they could ship any dress. They use the Euro... and if you know spanish it's not so hard to communicate, the shipping is anywhere from 300 to 500 alone though so I think I'd rather go in person somewhere.
    8-26-12-1-1 8-26-12-2
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if it's what youre looking for but my dress has a very vintage look to it which is what I wanted. It's Priscilla of Boston- Nora. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jojo714Jojo714 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_vintage-inspired-wedding-gown-designer-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:a5992e91-b5f4-4860-92f5-20c854fb56a3Post:e325972f-a168-419d-a266-7843f8e9a9ba">Re: Vintage "inspired" wedding gown designer suggestions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if it's what youre looking for but my dress has a very vintage look to it which is what I wanted. It's Priscilla of Boston- Nora. 
    Posted by RKPugs[/QUOTE]

Gorgeous gown, but one of my best friends that will be getting married the month after me (I'm also her MOH) is getting the Allure gown that's similar to your dress in the back. I couldn't do that to her. Thank you though that's a very beautiful gown.
    8-26-12-1-1 8-26-12-2
  • npalmisanpalmisa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It might be a bit late since the last post. However, I live in Italy and am purchasing my wedding dress from that same Yolan Cris vintage revival collection. It costs around $4000. I am only wearing it for the one time for a formal sit down dinner wedding, no dancing, so hopefully it will remain in perfect condition. I would like to sell it after and am looking for an interested bride. They are quite beautiful gowns. Mine is the Almería and I would be willing to sell it for nearly half since I will wear it once on September 22 2012. Let me know?

http://yolancris.es/novia.php?id=31

Above is the link to the dress

• To the person who maybe selling the Almeria by Yolan Chris...I'm highly interested.  It's my favorite and despite speaking spanish, I'm pretty sure they won't sell it at a lower rate.  I certainly can't afford the current price.  My wedding will be in 2013, and I would die to wear that dress!  Might I ask what size you plan on buying and if you'll be making any adjustments to the dress and how much you might be willing to sell it for?
    Thank you,
    Shelby
  • Did you end up selling your dress already? If not, what size (or measurements) and how much would you want for it?

• Ditto to the potential selling of the Almeria as that's the one I am trying to find
  • Hi! very interested in buying a yolan cris dress if you are still selling it! Please email me, rebeccaleilani@gmail.com. Thanks so much!
  • I am also obsessed with Yolan cris and it is out of my budget. I came across a website called www.bridaldreamdress.com and they make knockoffs for a fraction of the price. I have heard good reviews about going this route. I am going to try it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards