Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

when to order my cupcakes?

I plan to have cupcakes as my 'wedding cake".
but im just not sure how far in advance i should order them? help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Buying A Home

Re: when to order my cupcakes?

• Options
    I would say it would depend on where you were getting them from and how many you needed.  A friend of mine did cupcakes and she treated it like ordering a cake from a bakery.  If you know where you want to get them from, I would just call them  and see what there time frame is.
  • Options
    Treat them like any other cake.  Order them early, especially if you know your bakery of choice books up early.  Cupcakes are not necessarily easier or faster than cakes, especially if you want special decorations on each, which could make it slower (think individually decorating 150 cupcakes vs one cake).  Some people think "it's just cupcakes, what's the big deal?" but they should be treated the same.

Most bakers and cake shops book up only a certain number of orders per weekend.  If you know for sure who you want and they can do what you want, you can book them now (most don't require a full payment right away, just a deposit).  I recommend at least 6 months for an individual decorator or a specialized cake shop.  If you're going with a grocery store or walmart, you don't have to be as early, though I'd still do it about a month early.

Like jdandrea said, it never hurts to call places and ask.
  • Options
    Why don't you ask your bakery? Each place has different policies. The bakery that we used changes their flavors, so they don't take orders more than 3 months in advance. Most places require much more notice than that for a large order. Just ask them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards