Michigan-Lansing

I'm new here. Hello

Posted on Detroit and though I would post here.
The knot says I live in Lansing but I'm closer to Howell.

I have a venue for my reception that my aunt had connections with but nothing else.
Starting with my dress.
I have checked out David's. Any other suggestions?

A little about myself.
I love sports - especially fishing. My grandpa started taking me fishing as far back as I can remember.
That's why Its a Keeper

Re: I'm new here. Hello

• Welcome. This is a great place to get information.

I have heard David's Bridal is rude and just not that good.
     I looked at a couple but my favorite by far is Becker's in Fowler.
    They are the best anywhere.
    I drove over an hour and a half to get there and would have gone twice that far.
    They are extremely nice and helpful.
  • Welcome. :) I remember fishing with my grandfather as well.

I went to DB (walk-in) in K-Zoo and service was good but I didn't buy anything there. I ended up getting my dress, my MOH, and one of two BM dresses from Mildred's in Battle Creek (who was absolutely amazing!). My last BM is going there as well (by her choosing) after visiting there with me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • HI and Welcome!

I second Becker's Bridal in Fowler.  DD got her dress there.  We also liked The Wedding Bell in Okemos.  Katie and the ladies there are awesome.
  • I got my dress at The Wedding Bell in Okemos, it was AWESOME! I was the only one with an appointment at that time (a Thursday afternoon) so I had the whole place to myself, and she girl that helped me knew EXACTLY what I wanted.  It was awesome! Every dress she pulled, I loved.  I went to David's Bridal before that and there is a world of difference in the quality of dresses, and I only found one I kinda liked there. 

n Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_im-new-here-hello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:96Discussion:b19ca4d4-dc46-43bb-b39b-b6e0fc59321fPost:6c780bdb-9b48-4933-886d-25a26a20a4c7">I'm new here. Hello</a>:
    [QUOTE]Posted on Detroit and though I would post here. The knot says I live in Lansing but I'm closer to Howell. I have a venue for my reception that my aunt had connections with but nothing else. Starting with my dress. I have checked out David's. Any other suggestions? A little about myself. I love sports - especially fishing. My grandpa started taking me fishing as far back as I can remember. That's why Its a Keeper
    Posted by Its a Keeper[/QUOTE]
  • I didn't like David's when my sister was shopping for dresses.  I knew more about dress styles and fabric than the person helping us knew.  I also didn't like Becker's when I went.  I had an appointment and there was no one to help me and they stuck me in the teeniest room around.  My dad had to pull all the dresses for me and my sister had to help me into all of them.  Many were broken or missing pieces.  However, I went there with a friend recently and th experience for her shopping seemed much better.  We still had to pull all the dresses though and take them to the room.

My sister and I both got ours at Fantastic Finds.  Some people will give bad reviews, but we both had nothing but exceptional service.  They were kind, helpful, and really made us feel like we were the only customer in the store.
    Anniversary
  • I said hello to you on your Detroit post but didn't respond to your request about places to shop for a dress.
    I also give Becker's an A++
    Have to agree about David's.
    My friend went to Fantastic Finds. They did an alteration for her dress and the hem came loose on the wedding day.
    Not the first time I have heard of them doing that kind of work but I guess the prices were ok. 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_im-new-here-hello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:96Discussion:b19ca4d4-dc46-43bb-b39b-b6e0fc59321fPost:6c780bdb-9b48-4933-886d-25a26a20a4c7">I'm new here. Hello</a>:
    [QUOTE]Posted on Detroit and though I would post here. The knot says I live in Lansing but I'm closer to Howell. I have a venue for my reception that my aunt had connections with but nothing else. Starting with my dress. I have checked out David's. Any other suggestions? A little about myself. I love sports - especially fishing. My grandpa started taking me fishing as far back as I can remember. That's why Its a Keeper
    Posted by Its a Keeper[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_im-new-here-hello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:b19ca4d4-dc46-43bb-b39b-b6e0fc59321fPost:309ff01a-e914-4f1f-88f4-9adc27dfcc57">Re: I'm new here. Hello</a>:
    [QUOTE]I said hello to you on your Detroit post but didn't respond to your request about places to shop for a dress. I also give Becker's an A++ Have to agree about David's. My friend went to Fantastic Finds. They did an alteration for her dress and the hem came loose on the wedding day. Not the first time I have heard of them doing that kind of work but I guess the prices were ok.  In Response to I'm new here. Hello :
    Posted by The Farmers Daughter[/QUOTE]

Fantastic Finds no longer does in house alterations.
    Anniversary
  • I actually had my worse dress experience at Becker's.  I really liked Wedding Bell but they didn't have the style I was looking for.  I had the best experience at Fantastic Finds and I would recommend taking a look there as well.  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards