Wedding Etiquette Forum

New to Boards- I need help with our timeline for the day.

Ok, our wedding is going to be fully Catholic- I am in the class to become Catholic but have never been to a Catholic wedding, so FI and I are constantly having discussions and becoming very frustrated over what is 'normal and proper.' 

This weeks topic is timeline and transportation: we finally decided on a theme based on our city, Louisville- we love the history, heritage and upscale eclectic vibe; also he is military and we are 1000 miles away from our home for 6 months (and planning a wedding...) Sorry sidetracked.. ANYWHO... There is a trolley that runs with the metro buses that just screams Louisville! So, naturally I wanted to book it for our/bridal party transportation from the church to reception site (about 20 mins away driving). It is less expensive than most party buses/limos but there is still a 4 hour minimum. The parking lot at the reception place is sort of small and getting to it requires a couple of back roads with sharp curves and hills. I had the idea of using the trolley for the extra hours as guest transportation back and forth from the reception to the hotel throughout the reception- for safety and convenience. 

THE PROBLEM: For this to work we would have to be dropped off at the reception place first before the trolley could go get the guests and it would take at least 3 trips 15 mins round trip, to get the guests there that wouldnt HAVE to drive to the reception place... How much of a faux pas would this be? I actually love the idea of us getting their first as the place is gorgeous for outdoor pictures, then just wait for the guests to all get inside and have our entrance once we are done with pictures... FI absolutely hates this.. really really really hates it... 

QUESTION: Is it that much of a faux pas? Is it possible we could pull it off without having our pictures interrupted (that much)? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New to Boards- I need help with our timeline for the day.

• I don't like the idea of having some guests arriving at the reception 45 minutes before the last (3 trips at 15 minutes).  What do the early arrivals do while they're waiting and/or what do the late arrivals miss cause they're not there.  Just based on that, I would not do this.  And what if more people than will fit on the trolley decide to stay until the bitter end to enjoy the festivities.  The logistics of makign this work would just be something I wouldn't want to worry about on my wedding day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards