Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

AW: Rehearsal Dinner location found! and registered!

Fat Ho Burger!

Just kidding. ;) LOL - Anyway, even though Josh's mom is hosting/paying for the RD, she lives in Louisiana so we had to find a place that we wanted. We had been to Blue Mesa and really enjoyed it, but today we went to a smaller place called Mamma Mia in Fort Worth (the one on Magnolia). It is RIGHT BY our venue and it was DELISH. Quaint part of town, good food, a sectioned off area (not a room, but I think it will be enough privacy).... also, it's BYOB so we can bring in our own alcohol! So we went ahead and reserved our date! Very excited.

OH-- we also registered at Bed Bath & Beyond. It took us, like, over three hours. But, we did it! It's done!
Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride

Re: AW: Rehearsal Dinner location found! and registered!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay congrats.  I have a feeling registering is too fun! ;P
  • Options
    LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! We r getting married next march but already registered so that all we have to do is update because we r both busy trying to graduate get into grad school and start our careers!! I did BBB online cos I was so afraid to go in store lol!! All the other registering wore us out! We took naps each day we did registering!! We have nothing to start a home so we had to make a lot of decisions on what we want, but it was super fun :)
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on a very accomplished weekend! And thanks for the restaurant rec in my neck of the woods -- I'll have to check out Mamma Mia!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Registering did take longer then I thought it would, but it was nice to have the option to change out thing online.
  • Options
    rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-rehearsal-dinner-location-found-registered?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:924e3bfd-d80f-4049-9928-93bb2b03c968Post:0041c381-6e32-4050-a11b-ecd8ddae9478">Re: AW: Rehearsal Dinner location found! and registered!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay congrats.  I have a feeling registering is too fun! ;P
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

It's not, it pretty much sucks. It takes forever and it's such a big task to do and a beating.  But it sure feels good once you have it finished.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that was actually something I told Josh. "That wasn't as fun as I thought it would be."  LOL.. I mean it wasn't miserable, but it's pretty long.

Right now, I am doing myregistry.com because evidently we should have more registry options. So the myregistry now has Target, Amazon, and whatever else random store we choose. I just hate that my registry section on our website has 3 different registries now-- Traveler's Joy (I know, I know, but it seemed perfect for us, really!), Bed Bath Beyond, and My Registry........ does that seem gift grabby? I am just trying to give people options because according to the BBB person, we did not register enough stuff. Also, some stuff that we were told to register for seemed pretty expensive and we just want more random options...
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved helping my best friend with hers when I was her MoH so I have a feeling I will love it ;P  Shop-a-holic I guess
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-rehearsal-dinner-location-found-registered?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:924e3bfd-d80f-4049-9928-93bb2b03c968Post:4e5aa5fa-bc71-4cb0-97f5-d1c6d3b377d0">Re: AW: Rehearsal Dinner location found! and registered!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just hate that my registry section on our website has 3 different registries now-- Traveler's Joy (I know, I know, but it seemed perfect for us, really!), Bed Bath Beyond, and My Registry........ does that seem gift grabby?
    Posted by AmberMarieTX[/QUOTE]

I feel like 2-3 registries is perfect, not gift-grabby at all. Think of it like ... if you're inviting people from OOT, they might not have a Macy's in that town, but do have a BB&B.

That said, we've only had one registry til now (BB&B) which I did completely online. We already received items from it this week in the mail! I was shocked. I've also heard from a few people that we didn't ask for enough things, so we're hopefully going to look into Amazon's registry today.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did Travelers Joy and Myregistry.com.  We had a terrible time with Myregistery.com but I think they've improved it alot since then.  You always want to have a traditional registry with a HM registry.  Congrats on the checks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks!

And I didn't find registering fun at all, but to each their own!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks! I'm so glad I'm done with registering! My mom and I went to Macy's and we were so overwhelmed by the end of the night...and it was only ONE floor! So many questions to ask and scanning EVERY LITTLE PIECE of dinnerwear!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was disappointed there wasn't dinnerware I loved at BBB. But I was able to add some really nice dinnerware from Macy's using myregistry! It's sooo pretty, so I'm glad I did not settle at BBB. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks.  I love shopping, but did not enjoy registering - at all.  I think it could be because you are making so many decisions on what would work best for you and FI.  It was a beating.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks.  I think it took us a long time to register too.  By the end of it, we were so over it!  LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards