Florida-Central Florida

Bridal Shower

So my sister is hosting my bridal shower and she's in the process of moving from one set of apartments to another ( really, she's in a waiting process ) . We were going to have it at her apartment, but she isn't sure on the situtation of her moving status. SO, we are trying to find somewhere in Orlando to have a bridal shower that is inexpensive. Any ideas? TIA!
I don't mind growing old, as long as I'm growing old with you. (:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Our Wedding Website

Re: Bridal Shower

• edited December 2011
    you could have it at a restuarant that might have a side room you could use.
  • Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shower was almost at The Cottage at Lake Lily in Maitland.  It is not too pricey to rent and you might get more privacy.  HTH!

http://maitlandhistory.org/?page_id=122
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe a little coffee house with a side room? I don't know if there is one in Orlando, but I'm sure there has to be somewhere. Deland has one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    The Lake Lily cottage is adorable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • JustKateJustKate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

See if any of your friends would be willing to "lend" their place to your sister for the party.  Your sister could still be the host and the one to call the shots but it would just be at a friends house.  If you have any friends that are also friends with your sister, it would help out.  Your sister could even consider getting help from the friend for things that she may need help with.  Good Luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If one of you are involved in Church I would recommend asking if you could use a meeting area. We're doing mine in the rec area at my Aunts church. I know were are not being charged to use the facility. I hope it all works out 
  • edited December 2011
    Those are all super great ideas and I am going to check in to all of them. My family and everything lives in Deland/Daytona Beach area, which is where I'm originally from but I know live in Winter Haven. My sister lives in Orlando so she picked the Orlando area so it was a good middle ground between us. My sister is involved in church, so maybe her church would help out.. that'd be nice. I didn't even ask my sister about our mutual friends homes or family.

hm, thanks everyone!
    I don't mind growing old, as long as I'm growing old with you. (:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Our Wedding Website
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards