Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cake Flavors

So i know all of the basic flavors....chocolate, vanilla, red velvet. But does anybody know of more creative flavors? My friend did a chocolate stout, and I've heard of champagne flavored.

Re: Cake Flavors

• edited February 2013
    My wedding cake has 9 different flavors and here they are:

-Irish Cream
    -Strawberry Margarita
    -Peanut Butter Cup
    -Vanilla Madagascar
    -Chocolate Dream
    -Carmel Apple
    -Pink Champaigne
    -German Chocolate
    -Coffee

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Talk to your baker. There are hundreds of favors out there.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Hi there @Luckylucke try this:

Italian Rum Cake
    Astoria Red Velvet Cake
    Pumpkin Spice Cake
    Carrot Cake
    Chocolate Carrot Cake
    Pistachio Marble

Those are just few that I have tasted, which in my opinion are deliciuosly baked ! Cheers ! Smile
  • I saw a cake at a wedding recently that was blue velvet.  I thought it was a cute take on red velvet except blue for "something blue".
  • DH and I were traditionalists with the wedding cake: Vanilla Almond.

His groom's cake: Pumpkin spice.

Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Almond or Hazelnut are nice variations on plain white cake.  Depending on the time of year, citrus-y flavors can be nice, too -- lemon, orange (yummy with dark  chocolate filling!), lime/marguarita, ambrosia, etc.

I'd suggest you have a tasting with your baker (or with your bakery options) and see which flavors they really do well.
  • I just wanted to say thank you to everybody who posted, I sent a list of these flavors to my mom and read them out loud to my FI...makes me excited that there are so many options available!
  • I am contemplating my flavors too...my wedding is June 1st  colors pink, orange and blue so i am thinking strawberry for my pink color, orange flavor for orange and for blue raspberry lemonade. I am thinking about just doing all cupcakes and at the top of the cupcake tree one regular cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards