Chit Chat
Options

wedding cake

Well where to begin, the wedding cake is on my list of things to do.....My FI aunt used to be a pro baker and we were going to see if she could make our cake for us.  She did a pretty good job on her sons cake it was a little sloppy looking but looked pretty good, se we haven't asked her yet because she'sbeen busy with alot of other things but according to my FI he is going to ask her sooner or later (this was about two months ago).

Last night i was on the phone with my FI and asked well have you asked your aunt yet about the cake and hes like well its been taken care of. Im like what do you mean it taken care of? Like i kinda of had this idea in the back of my mind of how i want our cake to be..... He said his mother is going to take care of it, and then i said once again what do you mean.. because i would like some decor on it to go with the theme of the wedding you know to make it blendin and i want to be nice..... well he went off on me about money and stuff and told me that it was going to cost 400$ and it will be plan white.

So yeah on one level happier then hell that hes so into helping with the wedding.... A little ticked off because i dont know if i will get the chance to pick out what flavors i want or have any decore on this thing at all.  Like i already have our cake topper and its that white glass or ceramic thats double hearts with a groom and bride... and i pictured it with a cake with a little color to it, not an all white cake with a white cake topper...

So yeah im a little worried, and i think a little ticked off. I mean at one end of the spectrum yeah we don't have alot of money at the other end of the spectrum  his mother is getting her wish of us getting married in a catholic church, and he got his wish that the wedding is three hours away from my home town so my family has to travel plus im the one moving away from everything i know to be with him.....

Maybe im just going a little crazy

Re: wedding cake

• Options
    CN:  She and FI had discussed having his aunt make their cake, and FI went ahead and booked it.  That's about as far as I got.

Have you been making decisions all the decisions up until now, or has everything been done jointly?  If you've been working mostly together, then talk to him about it.  If it's been a one-woman show, then throw the guy a bone and go with it.  The cake's not that big a deal.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options

Basically im worried that the cake is not going to go with the rest of the theme.

We mostly make jointly desicions but everything gets switched to what he wants like, the wedding had to be up where he lives, which i think is kinda of unfair since im the one moving away from everything i know....... His mother i think in a way had her heart set on the catholic church from the begining im really not for it but gave up the fight and decided yeah ok why not let her have her piece in the wedding.... but now shes handeling the cake and that just kinda of scares me that its not going to look good or even make it to the wedding i know its just a cake but i don't know i guess its something i would like to with my mom and maybe its selfish but she has her own daughter where she can do a bunch of planning with when she gets married its not really my dream its theres.......i don't know maybe we should have eloped it would be so much easier..... Although i just keep reminding myself that i got the dress that i wanted and at least its something no one really had control over

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards