Students

For those of you on a quarter system

Hello ladies,

Well I am all married now but I still hang out here once and a while.

This fall I am transferring from my local JC on a semester system to a university on a quarter system.  I am sort of ambitious and I am trying to double major.  However, if I do double major I would be taking 4 quarters of 6 classes.  Is this suicide?  While my majors aren't anything super intense like engineering, they do require a lot of reading and learning two languages.  In your opinion is this something I can do or should I consider only getting a minor?

Thanks!

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: For those of you on a quarter system

• edited July 2012
    I definitaly wouldn't try it.. in a term my JC goes by terms  and i have a hard time on a full time schedule so i fell back to 3/4 time and doing well.. i graduate next yr spring 2013. I think it's overkill in my opionion.
  • Do you happen to be going to Drexel?

I'm doing full time grad school there + full time internship, and my FH is doing full time undergrad while working 20 hours a week.  What you want is possible, just don't plan on having much of a social life!
  • Thanks ladies.

I don't go to Drexel, but it does start with a D! 

I am going to drop French, as much as I want to study it, it's just not worth it to kill myself. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards