Catholic Weddings
Options

Manic Monday

So how are all you ladies doing today?

We got back from our honeymoon Friday (Hawaii).  We flew into Detroit, then Saturday I packed up my house, and yesterday we drove to Chicago, where we live now. H had to go back to work today (I don't start my job for another 6 weeks).  So here I am, in a stack of wedding gifts and my own personal items, needing to unpack and clean and run errands.  I am thankful to have time to do this, rather than needing to do it after work in the evenings, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed today.

Re: Manic Monday

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!

I had the pleasure of spending the weekend in St. Augustine, good timing as it was his feast day, and so we went to Mass at the main cathedral.  The homily mentioned Godincidences (as opposed to coincidences), and it felt just about right!
  • Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_manic-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:3a3e701b-3595-4712-b38a-5d4aef215d8bPost:09fe681f-3634-4a6e-991c-78988a0f9775">Re: Manic Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning!<strong> I had the pleasure of spending the weekend in St. Augustine,</strong> good timing as it was his feast day, and so we went to Mass at the main cathedral.  The homily mentioned Godincidences (as opposed to coincidences), and it felt just about right!
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

<div>I loveeee St Augustine!  That is where my FI proposed, so that is probably why! but I love the cute little town.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Not a fan of Mondays....</div><div>I dropped my car off to get it worked on, the "service airbag" light came on so I didn't want it blowing up in my face....BUUUTT now I have class in two hours and it is making nervious that it isn't fixed yet. Or at least they haven't called me yet. *looks at phone* RING!! </div><div>
    </div><div>I also have the A/C guy looking at my A/C... it went out over the weekend, they fixed it and they still put a ticket in for it to have it looked at on Monday... </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Monday, ladies!  Tonight I am hanging out with my sister for a while, which will be nice.

Today is going really well even though I will be at work until 6pm tonight :( Can you tell I like the early shifts?

mica - St Augustine is awesome, we were there a few years ago but didn't get a chance there (well, I wasn't really Catholic then anyway)

Meg - congrats on your wedding! It sounds so exciting but overwhelming to get married, move and start a new job within a short amount of time. At least you have a while before you start the new job. I am sure you will feel relieved when you get settled and organized.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, Meg!

It's the second week of school!  I think I'm a little more organized than I was last year, but I always start the year feeling really behind.  This year I feel it WAY more than previous years, but I'll deal.

We had our second Billings class yesterday and it was so much better than the first one.  The teacher seemed more comfortable, she answered a lot of questions, it was great.  I feel much more confident in my charting than I did going in to the class. 

I really liked the OT Reading from mass this week.
    Anniversary

• Options
    shawna127shawna127 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meg- How was the honeymoon?  Good I hope!

MissySue- That's good you get to spend time with your sister, it's nice when sisters are close. I know my sister and I are close :o)

AFM- I have been missing since last Wednesday because it was my Grandmothers funeral and family was in town.  Also, I moved last night to go back to school. Today is my last "first" day of school ever!! yay!  Now I just need to make it through the next 9ish months and I'll be graduated :o)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone!  Welcome back, Meg!

I've been skimming posts during the day on my phone when I have time, but I haven't had too much time to post since my phone is quite a bit clumsier for knotting :(.  So most likely, I'm quietly cyber-stalking you all during the day....  Okay, not really.  But I'm around if needed.

Mica - I actually dislike St. Augustine.  But, um, that's because I've been there pretty much every year of my life due to my grandma living in Jacksonville.  There's only so many times you can go through the same tourist junk shops!  But I do agree that there is quite a Catholic presence there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have time to do any real sightseeing. H's uncle took us for a nighttime visit of La Leche, the tomb of Felix Varela. and a couple other historically important places. That was wonderful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shawna - Honeymoon was great!  We did 5 days on Kauai - where we were really active, doing a lot of hiking and sightseeing.  Then 5 days on Maui, where we did a lot of relaxing.  It was a great mix.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards