Christian Weddings

Wedding Wednesday QOTD

Drawing a blank on a question.......
any wedding vent or gripes you need to get out?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding Wednesday QOTD

• This isn't so much a vent or gripe but its been on my mind for the past week.  I have my final fitting on Saturday- yay!  But I called last week to schedule my sister (MOH) alterations and there was some confusion.  The lady said that they didn't have my dress and that I was scheduled for a first fitting... uhhh my wedding is in 2 weeks.  After some discussion, I told her that I was going to hang up the phone and I would call back in an hour.  When I call back, she will have found my dress.  So, I called back and another lady answered and said that the dress was right here she finished it yesterday.  So I know all is well (I hope!) but part of me is still nervous that something is going to go wrong with it...

• I just want to vent about my dress. I am wearing my mother's dress, but my sister is MAJORLY changing it (it was originally totally 80s poofy sleeve, high necked, the whole bit). We talked about what I'd like, but I have yet to see the dress because its not done. Seeing everyone on my month board posting their dresses is driving me nuts because I don't totally know what mine is even going to look like...
  • Obviously this is not about my wedding, but I do have wedding-related frustrations.

My best friend is getting married in September, and I'm MOH, and I'm helping her with a lot of her wedding things, including a bunch of creative DIY projects. It's hard for me to help because I feel like she has changed her mind as far as style or theme of her wedding a few times. I am trying to design her bridal shower invitations without a whole lot of input from her, and it's a little frustrating. I do my best to try to intuit what she wants, but sometimes I just want to say "Tell me how you want everything to look!"
  • Haha, I actually do! But it's for my sister's wedding, not mine.

I've been watching her posts on Facebook so I know the BM dresses she is looking at. Some of them are ok, and I might even wear again. But her number one choice right now is awful! I'm sure it would look fantastic on her ballerina MOH, but our baby sister and I would look like nude pumpkins in it. :P Andplusalso I haven't even been asked what my budget is or anything. She just assumes that our parents will cover whatever she chooses. I love my sister, but I can't afford to shell out $1000 just to be in her wedding! /End rant
  • So I am getting married at my parents home, on our land. Its like a big field with creek blah blah blah. Ok so we have a beaver infestation right now. We hired a trapper around the first of the year to get rid of them...He reports to my dad that we have bobcats, coyotes, and muskrats...so basically their is a wild animal petting zoo in my backyard...great. I understand that my wedding is over a year away and that the beaver issue should be resolved by then, BUT THEY ARE CUTTING DOWN ALL THE TREES! I was counting on those trees to be there for my wedding....stupid beavers...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-wednesday-qotd-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:23f117b2-db76-44e2-ba69-cfd8d68315fbPost:484f7b35-aef3-431a-ba9e-c19918515b72">Re: Wedding Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I am getting married at my parents home, on our land. Its like a big field with creek blah blah blah. Ok so we have a beaver infestation right now. We hired a trapper around the first of the year to get rid of them...He reports to my dad that we have bobcats, coyotes, and muskrats<strong>...so basically their is a wild animal petting zoo in my backyard</strong>...great. I understand that my wedding is over a year away and that the beaver issue should be resolved by then, BUT THEY ARE CUTTING DOWN ALL THE TREES! I was counting on those trees to be there for my wedding....stupid beavers...
    Posted by SugarFoote[/QUOTE]

this made me LOL. Hope it all gets worked out soon
  • Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    the only gripe I have is BM's not responding to emails or texts. I am trying to get their input on shoes and how they want their hair styled so I can allot enough time for the morning of when the hair dresser gets there to do everyone's hair (that I am paying for). I know they have lives and have other stuff going on but come on, just be courteous and respond back.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-wednesday-qotd-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:23f117b2-db76-44e2-ba69-cfd8d68315fbPost:76d93cea-870d-456c-8d2a-816751f813ca">Re: Wedding Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]the only gripe I have is BM's not responding to emails or texts. I am trying to get their input on shoes and how they want their hair styled so I can allot enough time for the morning of when the hair dresser gets there to do everyone's hair (that I am paying for). I know they have lives and have other stuff going on but come on, just be courteous and respond back.
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Tell me about it! I've got the SAME problem! </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All my gripes were last week. The caterer wasn't good, florist didn't show up for meetings, couldn't find a cake person, BM dresses were wrong... Murphy's Law of weddings was last week! 

The next day my dad re-planned everything and we're good to go! New caterer, new florist, cake person and the dresses are getting figured out. Never pictured my dad as the wedding planner extrodinaire, but if the shoe fits... ;)
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I wish my wedding was sooner. :(

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I can only gripe that we can't really do anything more for the wedding yet, and probably not for a while. We're just not in a financial position to do more, probably. I mean, there are actually things I could do. For example, I actually have what I need to make some centerpieces... but I won't need to make centerpieces if we're not havin ga US wedding... but I won't know if we're really having a US wedding or not until July...

Just so much waiting!
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-wednesday-qotd-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:23f117b2-db76-44e2-ba69-cfd8d68315fbPost:484f7b35-aef3-431a-ba9e-c19918515b72">Re: Wedding Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I am getting married at my parents home, on our land. Its like a big field with creek blah blah blah. Ok so we have a beaver infestation right now. We hired a trapper around the first of the year to get rid of them...He reports to my dad that we have bobcats, coyotes, and muskrats...so basically their is a wild animal petting zoo in my backyard...great. I understand that my wedding is over a year away and that the beaver issue should be resolved by then, BUT THEY ARE CUTTING DOWN ALL THE TREES! I was counting on those trees to be there for my wedding....stupid beavers...
    Posted by SugarFoote[/QUOTE]

Awwww, that's so sad. I'm such a nature lover. Poor trees. Poor beavers. Poor muskrats. Poor coyotes. Poor bobcats.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-wednesday-qotd-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:23f117b2-db76-44e2-ba69-cfd8d68315fbPost:adc83115-1bba-4442-8325-ca9286701b7d">Re: Wedding Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish my wedding was sooner. :(
    Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>So move it up! We almost did, and now we wish we would have. </div>
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • The whole guest list situation is driving me crazy! Original plan only invite 135 people, the current guest list currently has close to 200 people on it!! It won't hurt my feelings one bit if MANY people RSVP NO!

We switched caterers about a month ago and thank the LORD we did. The old caterer is currently going bankrupt, but now my mom has to wait to get her money back Frown we were going to use that money to pay for the new caterer.

I'm SOOOO ready to just be married!!!!
  • I just sent for my Save the Dates !!! My cousin made them for me ...upps not a gripe ...

Beaver story made me laugh..thats awful ..

I ranted last week about Cake... my friend's mom has a cake business and it's cheap , but it would be 80 for her to drive here/delivery cost. Now I was inviting my friend to the wedding , not sure if he and his wife are able to come yet , I like his parents, should I just invite them anyway since I know them ??

Also my photographer is my best friend and his dad... and my other friend jen they are all really great photographers and this is going to save money and I do trust their work . So i think I'm gonna end up inviting my friend's mom as well because I know her pretty well and is it rude not to ?

Yes i'm having a guest list freak out as well... My max number to attend is 150. So I'm trying to figure out how many I can actually invite /who is gonna say No... I do have Southern family which takes out about 11 people ...

I have a meeting with a florist at a floral shop today at 9:30 ...

Love is All You Need
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards