Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Map insert for invitaiton

Do I need to include one of these?  My ceremony and reception will be at the same location.  I have put specific directions to the venue on my wedding website that I got from the venue, but they are very long and I dont know how I would get them on one small insert card.  Thoughts?  TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 203 Invited so far!
image 142 Are ready to party!
image 61 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: Map insert for invitaiton

• Options
    hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did one just in case. FI is big on maps anyways. We printed directions and then have a map on the back. We just took the one from google maps. 
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

We had both at the same place, but we did little maps jic. Most of our guests were OOT, so we wanted to make sure that they could find the place. A lot of our guests never even went to the website, so I think that it was good to have both.

We just printed a little map of the nearby area that had our venue marked We also put our webpage at the top hoping that some people would catch on. If people can find their way to the city, then a small map should be ok-- then you wouldn't have to worry about the complicated directions.

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's nice to include a map, but not necessary.  Most people will use mapquest anyway to find the best route.
    241 Invited image 117 Attending image 104 Declined image 20 Don't know what RSVP meansimage
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is always nice to do for people who forget and don't look up directions before they leave.  In this day and age, a lot of folks have GPS but just think of it as being a good hostess. My sister was adamantly against having them and a ton of people were calling my mom asking where it was so I quickly made up some maps to have at the ceremony showing folks how to get to the reception.  I used weddingmapper and they looked really nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards