Not Engaged Yet
Options

Soooooo Excited! (NWR)

Okay, so I'm really super-duper tired. I can't get any sleep because of this stupid MFing cough that has been dragging on for weeks.... and antibiotics aren't doing anything and every time I lay down I cough, and even when I try to sleep sitting up I cough, and I just can't get any friggin' rest!!!!! I haven't had a decent sleep in over a week!

BUT

Tonight is the board meeting for APAWS, when they vote on the 2010 board members--- and I WAS NOMINATED!!!!!! And if I'm voted onto the board, it's very very likely that I'll be appointed Fundraiser Chairperson. I'm so excited! I can't really explain why, it's not like I get paid or anything. I just thrive on responsibility, I guess.

I am hoping that another really awesome chick will be voted onto the board, too, because I think between the two of us we could get a lot done and really help the group. I totally have ideas for creating a visual identity for APAWS, and getting us more recognition (like doing press releases for the local newspaper), and I don't know what all else, I am just full of IDEAS.

So, that's it. I am just really excited and I thought I'd share. I hope this works out and I can make a big difference. So.... wish me luck!

Innocent
Anniversary

Re: Soooooo Excited! (NWR)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sweet! And boo on the cough.  Mucinex DM for chest congestion works wonders though, if you haven't tried it.  I live in BR as well, so I feel like I should know what APAWS is, but I don't.  Fill me in?
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    MattsAnnieMattsAnnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck Ill keep my fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS! I Hope you get it! :-)

and feel better!
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been taking Mucinex DM, but still no luck. Cry The weather isn't helping.

APAWS is a no-kill animal rescue. It's not surprising that you don't know about it, because it's not as well-funded as other groups in the area. Which is why I'm excited to be on the board--- we desperately need some publicity!

This group is AMAZING. I adopted my orange tabby from APAWS in October 2008, and was so touched that they had taken care of him since he was just a kitten (he was about 2 years old when we adopted him), without a complaint, without even considering that he was taking up space and money. A lot of other groups would have put him down just because he had a "unique personality" (read: he deconstructs water fountains and howls at ceilings) and was less adoptable than a cuddly, fuzzy kitten.

So, to thank them for taking care of my fur kid until we found him I started volunteering. In the last year, they have rescued several "hopeless" animals from animal control and from abuse and abandonment. Although it costs a lot of money to pay for surgeries and vet care, APAWS makes it happen. They're way in debt and a lot of people say they should put a cap on how much to spend on special needs animals before euthanizing them, but the board of directors is full of people who think with their hearts. They refuse to put a price on an animal's life.

I absolutely love this group, and hopefully you'll  hear a lot more about us soon. Laughing

http://www.apawspets.org
    Anniversary
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeana, that sounds like a gerat organization!! I hope you get on the board!

If you need any help with PR-y type stuff,fundraising or marketing let me know....I might be able to give you some tips if you need 'em! Good luck girl!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Paige! I may take you up on that! I'm an advertising major, so I am still learning the tricks of the trade. Cool
    Anniversary
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great!!!! Good luck!!!

I have a friend that swears by drinking shots of lime/lemon juice to break down congestion. I think it tastes disgusting, but she says it works. Might be worth a shot?? Don't hate me if it's awful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That does sound like a really awesome organization. Congrats!
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Good luck on the board! Hope you make it on. You would be a wonderful addition. :)

For your cough -- try to drink hot fluids and lots of water, too! Heat, humidity, and hydration help loosen mucus so you can get it moved out of there. Try a big cup of herbal tea before you lay down. Or a hot shower. Keep going with the Mucinex, too.

If it persists, you might ask your doctor about an inhalant such as Albuterol, which can dilate the bronchi and help you breathe more easily.

Hope you feel better soon!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jeana if you take Katanne's advice on the lemone/lime shot please take a video so we can see. ;-)
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww, good luck tonight! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A woman at work has been sick and still has a horrible cough.  She swears by rubbing her feet with Vicks then putting on socks before bed.  Apparently it keeps her from coughing all night and she's been getting sleep since she started it a few nights ago.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yay! congrats and good luck with the vote!

ok, kinda like katanne's advice, but when i was in the bahamas, i got sick [from being on the plane], i went to the kitchen and asked for some honey, and the waiter i was talking to said that in the bahamas they take a shot that is a mixture of honey with lime juice for coughs/sore throat. it sounds totally disgusting, but really, it isnt that bad. and i took it right before i went to bed so my throat would be resting. it worked! i woke up in the AM and felt great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, so I am the Fundraiser Chairperson. Woohoo!

Josh came with me last night for support, because he's awesome like that (and it was a tasty restaurant), and to our surprise, he was nominated, too! These folks only see him every few months when he stops by adoption days or helps us set up for a fundraiser, and I guess they just like him a lot.

So, Josh is also on the board, and is my Fundraiser Co-Chair. We laughed a lot about that when we got home. He's being a really good sport about it, and surprisingly he suddenly has interest in getting more involved. I guess now that he's on the board he feels like he should contribute regularly. So, way awesome. Cool
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!  To BOTH of you!

Go on with your fabulous self. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  Congrats!  :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jeana that is fantastic! Congrats! :-D
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, congrats! Go you and Josh!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's very exciting.  Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jeana! Congrats on your new position of the board.. thats great! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards