Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Typical wait time after wedding?

Hi! What is the normal time frame for getting pictures back from the photographer after the wedding? It has been 3 1/2 weeks and I am getting antsy!

Re: Typical wait time after wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    typically it should be 3-4 weeks, sometimes more if it is a busy busy studio. If you hired a freelancer it should be 2 weeks at most unless they are hordeing them so you order prints.
  • Options
    ikrystalikrystal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard anything from two weeks-2 months!  When we got our engagement pictures done, she took over 900 pictures.  We got them back in about two and a half weeks, so we're expecting it'll take twice as long for our wedding.  I didn't mind though, just as long as the pictures turned out great with the editing, retouching, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We give our clients a 5-6 week window. If you do anything less, you get rushed, improperly processed photos. Ask for a sneak peek! We try to give one to our clients at the 3-4 week mark to help curb their anxiety.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anywhere from 2 weeks to about 4 months (which is a STRETCH) , but photogs will usually tell you how long it takes up front. If not, you can always ask.
  • Options
    kimbo1781kimbo1781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The photographer should tell you how long it will take, but I think the norm is about 4-6 weeks for a full time photog. And longer for the albums if you ordered any...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards