South Carolina

"Life of the Party" DJ Service

Anyone used them or booking them? We're seriously considering them but thought other references wouldnt hurt!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: "Life of the Party" DJ Service

• jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes! FI and I actually worked with 2 of their DJs (Benny Whitten and Ric Larson) when we were at Clear Channel. We've seen Benny "in action" during the CC Christmas parties and Ric did the Christmas party for the marketing company I worked at - they both do a great job! We booked with Robert, the owner, since both Benny and Ric are actually on our guest list.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Are you talking about using Kris Fisher? If so, we are using him and he is AWESOME!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're looking at them too, but haven't decided yet.
    Anniversary
  • scsteph1983scsteph1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we booked Ray from there a few weeks ago.  We've been to one of his weddings and it was great.  I have a coworker who's been to two of his weddings and just booked him for his own. 
  • luschyluschy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Never heard of them but will have to check them out.  Hard to believe how much money DJ's get these days for a 4-5 hour wedding.  It's crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    Just booked Robert, the owner! Excited! For those of you that have used them, do they do a lot of crowd involvement?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the check!

As far as crowd involvement, I think it depends on what you want. When Benny did the Clear Channel Christmas party, he had people doing karaoke. But when he did a co-worker's wedding, he had strict instructions to just play music. And when Ric did the Infinity Christmas party, he was taking requests and interacting with everyone.

We booked Robert, and we'll have him play the role of MC which I'm super excited about b/c it's one less thing I have to worry about! He'll also be under strict instructions to not take requests. :-)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I definitely want Robert to kind of be the head of the night and get us through the itinerary smoothly! Def no requests or karaoke tho- that could get kind of ridiculous! Haha

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Kayla, did you meet Robert? We contacted them a while back and he sent over a contract, but Bryan (my fiance) is nervous about booking someone we haven't met. (The DJ is pretty much the ONLY thing he has any interest in!) I told him that you are an entertainer and that you booked him, so I trust your judgement. Was he fun and personable? We want someone to really keep the PARTY going not just play music.... I looked through their DJs and we talked about booking one of the younger guys, but I feel like you can't go wrong with the orginal guy.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

I have not met him personally, but have talked with him A LOT in depth about his plans for the reception. He is VERY much an emcee and his goal is going to be to keep the guests up on their feet and involved. I trust him completely. We also thought about the younger guy but my step-dad called to book and when Robert said "Well, im also available for that date" he thought the same thing about booking him with his experience. I have heard nothing but good things from our coordinator at the Hilton. I say he's a great choice!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sharihigginssharihiggins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked with Kris Fisher! I think he'll be good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards