Chit Chat

Destination Wedding

Hi Knotties,

Just wondering if anybody had any thoughts/advice on a destination wedding. I decided to switch from a traditional wedding (hall, flowers, etc..) to a destination wedding. I was looking for positives and negatives to this decsion im making.

Has there any worries other then weather?
If i leave for destination wedding-can i still have a wedding shower or is it tacky?
If not everybody couldnt go, should I feel guilty?

Im sure ill have more questions

Thanks!!

Re: Destination Wedding

• You might want to cruise the DW board under "wedding theme boards".  

As far as showers go, if you are inviting them to the wedding, you can have a shower and invite the same guests.  If they indepedently choose not to attend the wedding, you didn't do anything tacky or worthy of guilt. 

You just can't invite people to a shower when they aren't invited to the wedding.    But, make sure you aren't throwing your own shower.  Someone else should be doing the inviting.
  • Here are my thoughts...

My fiance and I are having a destination wedding. We plan on inviting everyone (even if we think they probably won't go). The idea is to make them know they have the option to go. Don't feel guilty at all. Having a bridal shower is not tacky at all. It's your right as a Bride IMO to celebrate being engaged. People don't have to go if they don't want to.

As for weather...do your research. We're getting married in Mexico and are going in March.

After March we know it's bad weather to head out there.

Now, I'm not sure what you're doing for when you get back, but we plan on having a reception. We're not having a sit down dinner but will be serving food and desserts, plus the cake.

Best of luck in your planning!! And a BIG Congrats's to you!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Thx ladies for your advice. Especially the weather...ill keep that in mind!

Mrsbiss2be: thx for the idea for a small receptiong after for people who are not attending, that way they dont feel too much left out.

I understand it might be a tad expensive but we are thinking of doing a real chep cruise so it wont be too costly.

Thanks for the shower etiquette  as well ladies :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards