Favors

ENGAGEMENT PARTY FAVORS?

My mother is going to be hosting an engagement party for my fiancé and I. are we supposed to give our wedding party gifts at this also? If so what type? What exactly is our role in the engagement party? Other than being the guests of honor? HELP!

Re: ENGAGEMENT PARTY FAVORS?

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well. for starters, your wedding is a year away.  If you haven't already asked your WP, may I suggest waiting until after the summer to ask.  There's no need to have a WP this soon, and you may end up regretting asking so early.

But, if that ship's left the dock and you do have a WP, no, you don't have to give them gifts.  You don't really have to do anything other than smile and say "Thank you, we're very excited about our upcoming wedding."
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Why wouldn't I have choosen my wedding party yet? They are the ones other than myself and my fiance who are supposed to attend the engagement party. I'm close with my girls and asked them a long time ago, when I first got engaged actually! I appricate your input but did you have an engagment party also?
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_engagement-party-favors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:47c1003a-e259-418c-bca9-6c1aa0ccbd65Post:8446bd45-187c-4438-8072-4224e09650ad">Re: ENGAGEMENT PARTY FAVORS?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why wouldn't I have choosen my wedding party yet? They are the ones other than myself and my fiance who are supposed to attend the engagement party. I'm close with my girls and asked them a long time ago, when I first got engaged actually! I appricate your input but did you have an engagment party also?
    Posted by MrsGriffith2012[/QUOTE]

For excellent examples of why you shouldn't choose a WP too early, stroll on over to the WP board, and then after reading a couple pages worth of posts, move over to the Moms and Maids board.

They are rife with questions from brides who knew "absolutely, without a doubt" who would be in their WP.  They asked early, and now are looking for ways to rescind the invitation to their BFF since kindergarten, their cousin, their sister, their college roommate,  etc."

Relationships change.  There's nothing for a WP to do months and months before a wedding. 

You can have an e-party without having your WP there.  An e-party is, traditionally, nothing more than a gathering to announce your engagement publicly.  So you invite those friends and family who will be invited to your wedding.

Funny thing, I can count scores and scores of posts from someone who regrets asking their WP too soon.  I have never seen a single one from someone who regrets waiting.

But a big good luck to you.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards