Not Engaged Yet
Options

DIY Christmas gifts

I always make little gifts for friends and coworkers.  I'm struggling with choosing my gift this year.  please vote!!

#1: invdividual jars of homemade applesauce: click
(I made this last night and it's fantastic.  H gave it an 11 on a scale of 1-10)

#2: cupcakes in a jar: click

#3:  cute holiday pretzel sticks: click

#4:  red or green bottle of Jarritos soda: click
(I would decorate it with ribbons or something cute and crafty)

#5:  bag of assorted homemade goodies (cookies, candy, brownies, pretzels, etc.)

#6:  I'm super special and I have my own idea!

please vote or share other ideas!  I'm looking for something budget friendly and ideally, easy to make for a large group.

Re: DIY Christmas gifts

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I voted pretzles.  Mostly because the thought makes me want them REALLY BADLY.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've done the assorted goodie bag 2 years in a row...  does that make a difference?
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I love the pretzels and cupcake in a jar (Though the thought of someone's thumb on my cupcake makes me squirm a bit).

I think the assorted goodie bag could be wicked cheap and fun! We all love assortments!
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I  LOVE the idea of the applesauce in a jar. I think it's cute.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love cake, and I've been wanting to do the cake in a jar thing for a while now, so that's what I went for.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the assorted goodie bag!
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_diy-christmas-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6ca795e9-bce7-468a-87c3-36391fb59b7cPost:2cf60b92-e4c5-4161-9f72-5b71cf7f8ae8">Re: DIY Christmas gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the assortment idea!  Then if they don't like one thing, they can enjoy the rest.  <strong>Although if they don't like cupcakes, they MIGHT be soulless.
    </strong>Posted by sunbird627[/QUOTE]

You are sooo right on this one.

• Options
    MtlBride12MtlBride12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do the assorted goodie bag every year and people love them, plus christmas baking is my favourite holiday event so I wouldn't give that up.

However, this year I've been really tempted by this recipe I saw to make your own salted caramel sauce for gifts - little jars with tiny spoons - it was adorable and I'm seriously considering it. That might be a cute idea as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote goodie bag (I don't think it matters if you've done it for the past few years)! I usually do this to for my friends, too. My second choice would be the applesauce. Cute!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Applesauce sounds pretty good to me right now so that's my vote!  Although the cupcake in a jar idea is really cool.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yum. 

Or you could do small bags of hot chocolate with chocolate coated candy canes sticks that people could use to stir their hot chocolate. Or you could use plastic spoons.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted for cupcakes in a jar...but I also love the pretzels. Basically all of your ideas rock! I'd be thrilled for something like this if you were my co-worker!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't decide!!  I really wanted to try something new since I do assorted goodies every year, but then I LIKE assorted goodies!  and so does everyone else!

ugh.  first world problem, you guys.  :) 
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I thought the cupcakes were cute and clever. Pretzel sticks are cute, but I'm not a fan of eating them. My friend makes them.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we simply can't leave this as a tie.

lurkers, posters: VOTE.  this is a huge decision.  Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote assorted, not because the other ideas are not good, or cool, or creative, but mainly becuase if someone doesn't like applesauce or a certain type of cupcake there is surely something in the assortment that they will like. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the cupcake idea, but I love cupcakes.  Seriously could you come over and make me everything on that list?  It all sounds so good!

Anniversary

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm a big fan of the cupcake idea. I think I might make those for some of my family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cupcakes in a jar got my vote. I LOVE cupcakes... I love jars. As far as I'm concerned, doing them both together = win.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well, it's 9 to 9 and I'm no closer to deciding!  you all picked my 2 favorite ideas.  :)

it's possible I might bring a big platter of assorted goodies to share at work, and then make the cupcakes in a jar for my close friends.  I know my girl friends pretty well and feel comfortable picking out flavors for them...  but maybe my co-workers would rather have a platter of assorted goodies.  and I won't spend 2 hours trying to assemble the goodie bags... just show up with a big plate to share!

thanks so much for voting!  now to decide on what goodies to bake... YUM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards