May 2013 Weddings

Invites!

Hey Ladies,

I don't get to post often, however I read up on all of you multiple times daily!

I have a question!?!?

Wedding date is May 18th. I mailed all 100 invites on February 23rd. I did my RSVP-s a little different. I asked all guest to please RSVP to an email address with the number of guest they will be bringing and their favorite dance song, all by April 18th!

Well during the week of the mailing it POURED down rain everyday! I had couple of bridesmaids call saying their invites were completely smeared and they couldn't read the email address! My mom has yet to receive her invite! So I got on Facebook and PM-ed the majority of the people (family and close friends) letting them know what happened and provided the email address!

I realize I still have 29 days until requested RSVP date but as of today I have only received 45 RSVPs out of a 226 guest list!

Should I continue to wait? Do nothing and just pray for a decent turn out?

I will NEVER recommended RSVP via email! Haha I was trying to save money! My cousin had a GREAT experience with the email!

I realize I still have 29 days until the requested RSVP date, but as of today I have only

Re: Invites!

• I mailed my invites out around the same time, I had 110. I just used the standard self addressed stamped envelope and response card.
    I've gotten back 48 cards to date, 86 total people.
    So, if they were delayed in the mail I would say you are probably doing alright. I'm sure the facebook messages will help and some people are just procrastinators!!
  • OK thank you. I keep saying "I'm not going to worry about it". But then I keep thinking I NEED to know BC I need to know how much food to get or not to get. We mailed 100 invites and invited 226 people. Only 18 of the 100 have rsvped making that 45 out of the 226 coming.
  • I think you should just wait until the RSVP date passes and then contact people. 

FWIW, my invitations were mailed 2 weeks ago and my RSVP date is in 3 weeks. I've received responses from 62 of 166 guests. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards